Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fans Call for Boycott of New Denzel Movie-SPOILERS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Fans Call for Boycott of New Denzel Movie-SPOILERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:27pm
The movie was good. Denzel was great. I saw it, and I'd see it again. And what? Stern Smile
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:27pm
I was annoyed with the whole "she's so beautiful".. "isn't she beautiful!" lines in regards to that White chick who....

i already said Im not comfortable calling anyone ugly sooo... Stern Smile

Just amazes me how much White female beauty is so casually uplifted on screen
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:29pm
I agree. The drug addict White chick wasn't cute, but Denzel was lonely and his ex-wife was Black. It wasn't that bad. He was an alcoholic, coke-head, but a lot of pilots are and so are a lot of truck-drivers. 
Afrocentchic View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrocentchic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Originally posted by Afrocentchic Afrocentchic wrote:

Meh, my objection would be that Denzel continues to get acclaim for roles where he plays out the sterotypical black brute. The writer is correct in that his skill set is greater than the roles he has been given and offered.

This is not about black women having their hearts broken because their favorite actor is acting like a demon. It's about better oppurtunities and more varities of stories and genere's of movies (or a lack there of) for people of color.

Clap
You know what tho, nobody can put it on Denzel.  He doesn't cast the films, he simply accepts the job & shows up for work.  I can't be upset with him cuz he plays a villian, He played the antagonist in this, American Gangster,  Training Day, etc... But he ALSO played the protagonist in Hurricane, the Great Debaters, John Q,  Antoine Fisher, Inside Man & the Preachers Wife just t name a few.  Lets not forget that he's willing to bend over backwards for his ppl & will do a Spike Lee film in a minute.  He STILL visits & donates to the Boys & Girls Club of Mount Vernon from which he used to frequent as a child.  He is not a sell out, HE IS AN ACTOR WHO IS VERY ACCOMPLISHED IN HIS CRAFT!

Great point sis. I don't think anyone is attacking his personal character as much as they are attacking the industry. However, a boycott of the film would hurt his pockets as well. 

Which is where the question must be asked to what end can we hold the industry accountable when  we want more from the media for people of color?
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I agree. The drug addict White chick wasn't cute, but Denzel was lonely and his ex-wife was Black. It wasn't that bad. He was an alcoholic, coke-head, but a lot of pilots are and so are a lot of truck-drivers. 
ShockedConfusedShockedConfusedShockedConfusedShockedConfused
I don't believe it.  I think they random test for that at airlines
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:32pm
Yea, i didn't get that "he's a bad BLACK man" trope

His race wasn't even highlighted in the movie. It was almost a "colorblind" role... as bout as colorblind as a role can get for a Black man in Hollywood... almost

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Afrocentchic View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrocentchic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I was annoyed with the whole "she's so beautiful".. "isn't she beautiful!" lines in regards to that White chick who....

i already said Im not comfortable calling anyone ugly sooo... Stern Smile

Just amazes me how much White female beauty is so casually uplifted on screen
Magic yt vags are to be defended and revered 5-ever. This also goes back to Jim Crow as well, which is really what I feel those that are dissapointed with the film are upset about.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:36pm

Which is where the question must be asked to what end can we hold the industry accountable when we want more from the media for people of color?

well, idk cuz I think we should play ALL roles, not just happy go lucky peaceful ones.  It's not fair to demand that blacks be put in a favorable light only & say let some  other color play the bad guy.  Let them know that we can handle whatever they throw our way & STILL play the hell out of that role
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:36pm
I wanted to see this but now im scared.

Lmfao he show shows ass? Literally?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:37pm
LOL Yes he does... i was frightened cuz it caught me off guard lol

Edited by Alias_Avi - Nov 05 2012 at 1:37pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style