BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Family Split Apart Over a Photo Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:48pm
Going through something similar ..family can be *sigh*
Sponsored Links

alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:16am
I try to distance myself from some family members because of the same mess.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:26am
That's so petty of them...what a shame, they're using the photos as leverage and that's just sad tbh

some family members though, I have more faith in strangers..Ermm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:36am
Well, I think the stupid part about this whole situation is that my cousin claims my mother called her a liar over the location of a damn photo album.  We have lived with my grandmother since I was 5 years old, my cousin has only been up to visit maybe 4 times since I had been living there, so really.  Who is going to know where things in the house are going to be?

And really, the adult thing to do would have been to just drop it.  Not go on about who took what.  My cousin is nearly 40 years old and I just found her reaction to be extremely juvenile.  On top of that, to go run to her mother and tell her what had transpired?  Shoot, had it been the other way around and I ran and told that to my mom, my mother would have said, "That's between you and your aunt.  You need to deal with it."  There is NO WAY my mother would have called my aunt to tell her she would never speak to her again because of a disagreement I had with my aunt.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:42am
i think every family has a story like this and it's never really about the item in question.
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:49am
true tatee...
however she should do the right thing and make copies of the pic's or a CD for other family members. She's too old 40--- for this type of drama.

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 8:29am
Resentment, probably over something petty from years ago.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 9:24am
And this is why when my husbands great aunt was dying we dragged my printer over to her house and made a copy of every single photo and took pictures of the whole house just as she left it. No fights over stuff. Unlike mine. I had to make peace with what was done. Maybe an in-law can work on getting copies made. Somebody with no interest in the photos.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 3:44pm
Well, things have gotten slightly better and slightly worse.  Mom couldn't let the situation go, so she wrote a long as post on my aunt's FB, trying to explain what happened between her and my cousin.  My aunt wrote back a, "no comment...." and promptly deleted the post and unfriended my mom. 

Oh, did I also mention my uncle is in the hospital, very ill?

I wrote a message to all my cousins and included this one and asked if they wanted a copy of the family tree I had been working on and I asked this cousin if she would be keen on giving me any other pictures of family she had.  She was keen to do it.  (I don't know if she WILL, but she seemed cool with it). 

I honestly don't know what the heck is going on with these three.  In some ways, I wonder if it would have been better for me to make the requests, instead of my mother--even though I have no idea what would cause them all to fly off the handle because of a simple misunderstanding.

I do agree with everyone, though.  There is more to this story than I may be aware of.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 4:10pm
Your mother and aunt are equally entitled to that book. You and your cousin are equally not entitled to it.

However comma you, as your mothers daughter, are entitled (by GP) to "procure" that album by any means necessary and return it to your mother.

9 years....psh, I'da went to that heauxs house and got my mamas shyt back 8.75 years ago.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic