Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Family members you love but dont really like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

I don't like my mom, grandmother, sister, aunt, father,or my former best friend/cousin.. These b@tches have issues...

Instead of putting up with their constant negativity, I just cut them all off...

dang...that's a lot of people....and a lot of them are women...
Sponsored Links

MissCapricorn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCapricorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:59pm
One of my aunt's on my mother side...we're like oil and water
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:03pm
i feel like if i wasnt family with my sisters i wouldnt have them as friends

its sad but its the truth
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:06pm
Shocked
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:11pm

As I've gotten older I've learned that many of us are related to people that we don't love. When we are young and all live under the same roof, we tend to think that we have such good relationships with family.

As you get older, start to create your own life and find your own friends you learn that in some cases, many but not ALL...but in some cases the relationship changes and honestly you become more acquaintances.  You develop your own personality, likes and dislikes and you see things in your family that you "missed" when you were young.

Many of my family members I would not talk to if not related.  I really see this in my husbands family when you have created a better life for yourself, family can really act funny and we cut those people back.  My life is too precious and life is to short to TRY and make people change, or make people love me, like me, accept me....I got to keep it moving....cause in the end....I'm wasting my life...and you can't ever get that TIME BACK...
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:11pm
I want to come to some of y'alls family get togethers. LOL
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

As I've gotten older I've learned that many of us are related to people that we don't love. When we are young and all live under the same roof, we tend to think that we have such good relationships with family.

As you get older, start to create your own life and find your own friends you learn that in some cases, many but not ALL...but in some cases the relationship changes and honestly you become more acquaintances.  You develop your own personality, likes and dislikes and you see things in your family that you "missed" when you were young.

Many of my family members I would not talk to if not related.  I really see this in my husbands family when you have created a better life for yourself, family can really act funny and we cut those people back.  My life is too precious and life is to short to TRY and make people change, or make people love me, like me, accept me....I got to keep it moving....cause in the end....I'm wasting my life...and you can't ever get that TIME BACK...

every part of this is so true!
Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:14pm
It is Pity.. I was going to write out the reasons why but it might clue people to my identity.. But I promise it's all really good reasons..
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:16pm
I love my second oldest sister.. but I don't like her.

She's horribly jealous, lies a lot, is very two-faced, and steals all. The. Time. She is known by everyone for stealing and being a two-faced pack rat. She also gossips like a kid and will be the first to insult you, no matter how wrong she is and how right you are. Dead When something happens, she'll immediately run out to everyone to tell her side to make you look like the bad person and her the victim.

I was traumatized enough growing up and living with her and although she's gone now, I actively keep a cordial distance from her. I cannot emotionally afford to be close with her because of how toxic she is. And she portrays herself like a well-put person who has her life together, but her personality and habits are just awful.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:22pm
For years, my grandmother was that person. I couldn't stand her and made no bones about it. After my grandfather passed, I felt compelled to make amends.

Now, that person is my great aunt - although I don't love her. I don't know her well enough, but I know I don't care for her. She's miserable, lazy, and always looking for someone (my mother) to do something for her. She hasn't done anything to help herself or her situation, but wants sympathy.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic