family issue. Advice needed. kinda long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Caribbean family members are rude and nosey.

i really disregarded everything she said abt. her familyLOL
i was like yeah girl--Caribbean ppl are blunt and really feel like they can ask you anything
im not gonna tell you how my MIL kept talking about how i gained weight
and called my SIL to tell her tooSleepy
Sponsored Links

Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

Originally posted by Anah Anah wrote:

I think yours is longer bubblyLOL

Yeah OP you gotta live for yourself but I mean can they ALL really be haters. Sometimes ppl are tryna keep u from getting burnt. Welp...
Confused

Whats the face for?
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 2:35pm
Yes, Caribe MIL are the best. LOL
She was visiting and dh was about to come home. She proceeded to ask me if I was going to get changed, I said no and she looked like...Geek

Yes, all my SIL knew about it alll 4 of them. Rumbera doesn't get changed and dressed for Mr.Rumbera...lol
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 2:36pm
Honestly, you don't even seem that into him. I could see if you just felt this passionate urge for him. It sounds more like a case of you being tempted cuz everyone is telling you he's no good.

Doesn't sound like its worth the family drama to me.

You may have been annoyed, but what you said was a really low blow. She may have been annoying you, but you came at her next like she disrespected you or something.

I'd say sit her down one on one, ask her what her issue is, apologize for the low blow, but stress to her that you're a grown woman who will date who she wants and you don't wanna discuss David with her anymore.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 3:06pm

ok but if bluntness is a given and to be expected in caribean families, shouldn't the op be able to be blunt right back at her...like telling her she should worry about her own baby daddy who doesn't seem to be that into her...lol

or is there a difference that i am missing...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Oct 11 2012 at 3:07pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

also, the whole bit about men scorning her because she has eczema would have made me look at her like she had 10409827459824809284 headz...

that's a typical comment.

LOL

LOL well damn.   so, if the op would have shot back to point out something physical about her that  men may "scorn" lol (that word is so dam funny to me), would that be ok?
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 3:19pm
It depends on the age of the family member, tbh.

If she is older, you are expected to take it. But, if they are the same age then it's on...lol

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 3:26pm
oh ok...that's what i thought.  same thing in my family actually.  i have a few older aunts who have said some questionable shyt over the years...lol
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 3:32pm
I agree with TC. and Samone.
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

oh ok...that's what i thought.  same thing in my family actually.  i have a few older aunts who have said some questionable shyt over the years...lol

Everyone has those aunts that would get straight cussed out if they were anyone else and said the things they say lol.

They stay abusing that elder pass.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>