Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 1:58am
hmmmm.......iono.....I would say ....get to know David again.   Alot of time has passed.  Who knows what type of person he has become over the years.  So...keep in contact this time.  Talk on the phone, meet up for lunch when you're back home etc.    If he's really seeing someone else it will come out.  If your cousin has a crush or has been rejected by him...that will also come out.

Your fams may work your nerve and be shadeful, jealous and trife but... you never know. 
Sponsored Links

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 7:36am
I would listen to your family... I don't think there is smoke without fire....
I mean maybe the cousin had something going with David, or had a crush or something, but if so, would you really want to get involved with someone who had history wit a family member?

And you need to be smart about sending them money etc.... they will ALWAYS be asking for stuff if you keep giving, there is a mentality that if you live overseas you MUST be better off than them...
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 11:05am
Well, she obviously has a thing for David.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 11:12am
maybe she thinks OP makes bad decisions with men
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 11:21am
you cant trust the word a person whose jealous of you because their intentions are never honorable 
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 11:48am
I said to her,' You do not know how your own baby's father feels about you after all of these years, but yet you seem to know all of David's business and he love affairs.

Ouch

IA w/ you in that your cousin seems way too concerned about this guy and his love life...but why do you have to throw her mess in her face like that?  That seems kind of petty on your part.

Anywhoo, don't let some man who you aren't really involved with  destroy your relationship with your fam.  I'd apologize to her for the low blow, then both of you agree to drop David as a topic of conversation.

Edited by Tbaby - Oct 11 2012 at 11:50am
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 12:10pm
OP your cousin is looking out for you. She sees that you ate falling for him even when your mouth says your not. The reason you gave us all that dirt on your cousin was for us to dismiss her as a dumb jealous hoodrat,but she seems to genuinely be looking out for you. I had a bad feeling about a "friend" of my sister's and I brought it up every chance I got. If she looked like she was smiling to herself I would say "who you thinking about Jake the snake?" Or I would say "I'm sure all his other boos smile like that too when they think about him."

Seems like your cousin feels that you aren't really experienced in the dating game and you don't know how to leave a date as just a date without catching feelings.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

OP your cousin is looking out for you. She sees that you ate falling for him even when your mouth says your not. The reason you gave us all that dirt on your cousin was for us to dismiss her as a dumb jealous hoodrat,but she seems to genuinely be looking out for you. I had a bad feeling about a "friend" of my sister's and I brought it up every chance I got. If she looked like she was smiling to herself I would say "who you thinking about Jake the snake?" Or I would say "I'm sure all his other boos smile like that too when they think about him."

Seems like your cousin feels that you aren't really experienced in the dating game and you don't know how to leave a date as just a date without catching feelings.

I kinda think this.  The first part of the story had nothing to do with ole boy. Just cause you're grown doesn't mean anything if your family cares. esp. Caribbean families--nothing ever dies. 
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 12:13pm
OP, is this the same Caribbean guy you wanted to buy off with $100 gifts?LOL 

Edited by babelipsss - Oct 11 2012 at 12:14pm
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 12:17pm
^^I don't get how it can be catty when more than one family member is saying it.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic