FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Fam members hitting your child?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

Author
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

I'd spank my niece and nephews..but it wasn't that old school type of spanking I'd get back in the day..just a pop on the arm, butt or leg...depending. Besides..they are my sister's kids and I've either helped raise or had to watch them on numerous occasions. I don't spank or do that to any one else's child. 
My niece is grown now, but she called herself cursing at me and I slapped the sh*t out of her. Her mom was mad at me for doing that and told me to apologize and find another way to address the situation next time. 

How did you react? Her mom can't tell you shyt imo because your niece is not a child. 
Sponsored Links

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 2:21pm
Khivey do you guys still talk? I would stop talking to my sis if she slapped my child
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 2:22pm
I actually texted my sister to tell her and that was her text reply. 
I did feel bad after slapping my niece like that because she's still my baby....after I slapped her she acted like she wanted to rush me and I just restrained her until she calmed down and took her to another room to talk. I told her that I didn't mean to slap her, but I don't tolerate disrespect and if she does it again then I'll cut her off. My niece and I have a good relationship..thing is she forgets that there is a family structure in place and so the whole being cool/homey and then turn around to discipline can be confusing for kids..and then when they do become grown they think boundaries don't apply. I've had to remind her on numerous occasions and that was like the final straw with the cursing. She understands now though lol  
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Khivey do you guys still talk? I would stop talking to my sis if she slapped my child

That is nothing compared to what my sister and I have gone throughLOL But she told my niece to apologize as well. In this situation..I helped my sister raise my niece, so she doesn't get in the middle of it when I have to discipline her. And vice versa. Like when her and my niece go at it then I'm the mediator. 

Edited by khivey - Apr 05 2014 at 2:29pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Even if your child was grown?

I look at it as two grown women and their personal dealings. I wouldn't stop talking to my sis for that.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 3:26pm
l wouldn't mind if my family spanked my child. Except my sister...she's too rough when she spanks and goes overboard. I had to pull her to the side a coupe times about her spanking. 
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 4:15pm
I would spank family members kids but haven't had to in years maybe cause babies and toddlers can't get into to much.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 5:13pm

India has never stayed with anyone since birth . Call me if she acts up without touching my child  My daughter is so small you could break a bone . I raise India to be respectful  .All of tickets at school are for respect . She won the 3rd grade thousand dollar future scholarship . I give timeouts and take away things she love . My daughter will cry if i rasie my voice . I can't hit children unless you are a teen trying to assault me .

Edited by india100 - Apr 06 2014 at 10:56am
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 7:34pm
When I have kids, I will make sure that relatives from both sides are aware that they are not allowed to put their hands on my kids. Call me if they are being a brat, rude, not listening, etc. I will always have great communication with my kids and will read and talk a lot to them so they will develop their vocabulary early and fast, so, in case someone ever put their hands on them and tries to cover up (meaning: bribes the kid to not tell me), my kid will be smart enough to tell me about it later.
And that will be the last time the relative will be around my kid without me presentAngry
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

No, Some family members favor other children and can be harder on yours because they have issue with you.

Yeah this is exactly what I meant. I don't have a problem with disciplining kids in principle but too many grown folks out here ain't worth a damn. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic