FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Fam members hitting your child?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

Author
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fam members hitting your child?
    Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 7:46am
Do you allow it? Why or why not

My aunt, gives my neice a spanking when my neice is not listening, I always feel some way about it. But then again my sis just leaves her with her.

What would you say or do you talk about it before hand?
Sponsored Links

gemini1591 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemini1591 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 7:53am
I think it would depend on how you choose to discipline your child and the relationship you have with the family member.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 8:03am
It takes a village...

My niece caught herself trying to physically fighting her mama @ 4yrs old...i popped that ass...she aint never forgotten it nor has she ever repeated that foolishness,shes 10 now
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 8:13am
the only one that spanks my kids is my mom. which i trust to not go overboard....no one else does. not even their dad.(wimpLOL)

but op, if you feel some way about it, speak up. i know some folks will get carried away and hit kids for any reason. or just misplace their anger/stress.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 8:32am
if you feel comfortable enough to let them watch your child then this is a topic that should be discussed front and center so you and that person are on the same page. As far as acceptable forms of discipline. Unfortunately some parents are just so grateful to have anybody to watch their child so they can get some free time they skip that step and don't give a damn until s*** hits the fan
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 8:45am
Lady 8ce that laat part..... i feel she hits/spanks when. Its not needed.

And yup gkisses thats why i didnt say anything. My aunt is old school and will get mad and my sister has no other options.

I dont want her growing up thinking its ok to put hands on ppl
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 8:55am
Im not really a spanker so it would be a case by case scenario. Unless he was trying to burn your house down, I can't really see why you would need to spank my child, if its that serious call me and Ill come pick him up and handle the situation accordingly. Also if he being a arsonist he needs more help than a spanking so uhhh I guess still nope. 

Yeah don't spank my child now that I think about it. 

purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 9:07am
If it's making you feel some time of way, speak on it.

If I leave my child with another individual, family or not, I would make sure that we are on the same page regarding forms of discipline. And if I found out the someone was disciplining/treating my child in a way I disagree with, I would put a stop to that ASAP.

It is a little different because you aren't the child's mother, but I would still try talking to your sis and aunt.  
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 9:20am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Lady 8ce that laat part..... i feel she hits/spanks when. Its not needed.

And yup gkisses thats why i didnt say anything. My aunt is old school and will get mad and my sister has no other options.

I dont want her growing up thinking its ok to put hands on ppl

Yeah, I have relatives like this.

Love them, but would never be comfortable leaving my child with them because they will hit a child for every minor occurrence (and it's usually done to vent their anger/frustration)

I know spanking is common our(AA/Black) culture, but I don't spank/hit kids. I believe in disciplining kids, but strongly believe that they're are other and more effective ways. 

Edited by purpulicious01 - Apr 05 2014 at 9:21am
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 9:24am
my grandma had free reign to beat my ass
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic