Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

fake hair & boyfriends. rant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 2:07am
catfish, lol
We need to cut them some slacks at those poor men , I mean when they meet us we have our hair done, full face make up, some women have fakes eyelashes, fake eyebrow, fake nails, fake everything ....In the morning when they see the real us most of them decide to stay but I think that we shouldn't be mad if they don't. Some women really look DIFFERENT without all of that. As much as we want to be politically correct about it, the way you look matter ... 
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 4:52am
This is true.

IMO ... a girl should polish off her look with a little makeup etc ... but it can't be at the Oprah stage. I love Oprah, but if you saw The Color Purple or some clips of her real life ... you would know that without the hair and makeup ... she is virtually unrecognizable. Of course, she IS Oprah so we all know her ... but I mean if she were a regular non famous person ... she looks waaay too different without all the glitz.

It's a personal choice though - some men are fine with it, some men aren't.

As far as fake goes .. I think everyone is due one fake thing ... it's just that if everything is fake that I think it goes too far.
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:29am
I didn't disappear. I just been busy, I am in college and I do work full time. 

The wig doesn't move at all. Yes, I pin the hell out of it. Sometimes I will my hair into the wig hair (like the lauren conrad braid) so it doesn't even move. and it is DEFINITELY not gentle sex. maybe the wigs weren't secured correctly when they moved.

My hair isn't that short. I decided that by January, it'll be almost shoulder length. I have been on the 4 month Hairfinity supply and am on month 3 right now. It's intensely thick.  I did ask him if he'd mind if I cut my hair and I showed him the length that I would cut it to (which is actually the length I predict it'll be at in January) and he said he wouldn't notice. In regards to the short hair is ugly comment, he meant as long as you have hair. If you don't, it looks boyish, which I agree with. With cancer, it's different. The thing is, I wanted my hair to be under wigs until it was MBL. I'm afraid that by keeping it out and styling it everyday, it will break off. The thing is, I won't straighten it. I'll wear a straight wig and if he tries to touch it, i'll tell him not to touch it. I know plenty of girls with unnaturally straight hair, esp those who aren't black, that don't like their hair messed with when styled. 

my boyfriend does move too fast. apparently i'm the best of all the girls he's dated so i guess he's anxious to get moving to the next step even though realistically, that won't be in a few years.

for everyone asking my age - I'm going on 20. We're in college. I don't plan to have kids anytime soon...not til at least 25. 
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:38am
Thanks, I def. agree with your post.

However, I'm getting tired of the wigs. I will keep em til January (marking 1 year with the wigs) and then finally sport off my own mane for the new year! It'll look like I just got a cut. My family is getting tired of my wigs and so am I. I actually hate fake hair and I think ditching the wig is gonna boost my self esteem up so high. I've worn weaves and wigs and braids for about 8 years now and enough is enough. I haven't even worn my hair out naturally in public not once those 8 years so I'm just gonna grow it to should length and allow it to grow without the use of fake hair. This is the shortest I'll go without a wig. 

ANother poster said that my hair needs to breathe and I agree. I do take the wigs off when he isn't here but in January, I think it's best to ditch the wigs so it will grow much more better. 
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 9:28pm
I know this is an old thread but I get where the OP is coming from. I'm jumping back into the dating game and I've been on a couple of dates with a white man I'm really interested in. He caught me looking at aliexpress hair and wanted to know WHY. When I told him why he was beyond confused. He really really thought my weave was my hair. He said he didnt understand and would like to see my real hair. I sent him a picture of my real hair and he wanted to know why dont I just wear my real hair. I gave him the speech about protective styling and blah blah blah but he said he just "Doesnt get it".

I wont change up my hair for nobody lol
shoefreakbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoefreakbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 9:51pm
Where yah getting all these white menzz??????

I want one 
Mznellybby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mznellybby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by shoefreakbaby shoefreakbaby wrote:

Where yah getting all these white menzz??????

I want one 

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

NVM . I really wanted to help you . GL Cry

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL dang India! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL sorry for laughing tho.....but boo no you're not goin to go from neck to apl in a year.  I'm living proof

Edited by 510QUEEN - Sep 25 2013 at 5:22pm
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 5:30pm
Yall fukkin up dating yt men in the first place. Yea..I said it. Shocked
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 5:41pm
BQT you aint right
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>