Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

fake hair and boyfriends. rant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fake hair and boyfriends. rant
    Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 9:23pm
so my boyfriend (who's white) and I were discussing a celebrity's short hair. He abruptly said "short hair is gross" ... Unhappy I'm currently transitioning my hair and I'm pretty much at the neck length stage when stretched but my goal was to continue to wear by my college graduation 2016 as a growth goal. However lately it feels like the shrinkage is getting to me...it just looks like 7 months of growth isn't as long as it could be without the shrinkage...okay now i'm rambling. 

my boyfriend knows not to touch my head or my neck due to a "trauma" issue so yes, he'll touch it but not the top (he asked today, but i think it was because i finally straightened my KC wig).  Idk...I'm just worried. I haven't been in a relationship since I cut my hair off in january and decided to try wigs ... but now I'm a little anxious as he starts mentioning kids and moving in! (that's a long way from now though) but I kinda reject it because I'm scared he'll find out about my wigs and my short hair ... that's, in his opinion, gross. 

IDK....any advice/suggestions? Anything to help calm me down? Please don't tell me "if he really you loved you, he wouldn't care" because I don't even love myself with short hair  and think I look unattractive... I'm just using the wig until it gets to APL (length of my wig) but hell, if it gets to shoulder length unstretched (it never has :/) then i'll just wear my hair like that and tell him the stylist got scissor happy. My ultimate goal is BSB or BSL but my hairs been under a wig since January, maybe it'll be good to let it breathe for faster growth once I get to APL. 

i feel like I can handle this for one more year...do you think it will get from Neck lenght to at least shoulder length? idk, am I worrying too much? Confused
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 9:33pm
NVM . I really wanted to help you . GL Cry

Edited by india100 - Aug 25 2013 at 9:53pm
LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 9:47pm
Wait, so you're saying your boyfriend has always seen you with wigs and think that it's your real hair? =/
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 10:00pm
you guys must not be sexing if he thinks the wigs are you hair. Stern Smile Show that man your hair and let him know your wearing the wigs as a protective style. What if you guys have kids and the babys hair turns out 4c with major shrinkage...What will you do then?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 10:44pm
we do have sex. and my hair's far from 4c, it's 3c all over but 4a in the back, so i'd hope they don't end up with that hair. and idk, i was hoping that before all that stuff happened, the moving in, that my hair would be shoulder length. i mean, it's already neck length...one more year and hopefully it's at a comfortable length for me to ditch the wigs.

I will however let him know that if he sees me with straight hair, it's fake b/c I'm not altering my natural curls. 

Edited by peaceloveandcurls - Aug 25 2013 at 10:49pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 10:47pm
he's never asked if it was my real hair. why bring it up? he's seen photos of me with my curly hair before the BC and I guess assumes it grew to the length of my current wig. 
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 11:16pm
I dont think he meant that he found "wig" gross , I think he meant that he doesn't like short hair...
You should tell him, as long as your hair look presentable even if its short he won't mind . 
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote solena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 12:12pm
you're afraid hes gonna leave if he finds out about your short hair and wigs? 
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 1:05pm
Welp eventually he will find out one day. Ask him why does he feel that short hair is gross.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by peaceloveandcurls peaceloveandcurls wrote:

so my boyfriend (who's white) and I were discussing a celebrity's short hair. He abruptly said "short hair is gross" ... Unhappy I'm currently transitioning my hair and I'm pretty much at the neck length stage when stretched but my goal was to continue to wear by my college graduation 2016 as a growth goal. However lately it feels like the shrinkage is getting to me...it just looks like 7 months of growth isn't as long as it could be without the shrinkage...okay now i'm rambling. 
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">my boyfriend knows not to touch my head or my neck due to a "trauma" issue so yes, he'll touch it but not the top (he asked today, but i think it was because i finally straightened my KC wig).  </span><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">Idk...I'm just worried. I haven't been in a relationship since I cut my hair off in january and decided to try wigs ... but now I'm a little anxious as he starts mentioning kids and moving in! (that's a long way from now though) but I kinda reject it because I'm scared he'll find out about my wigs and my short hair ... that's, in his opinion, gross. </span>
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
IDK....any advice/suggestions? Anything to help calm me down? Please don't tell me "if he really you loved you, he wouldn't care" because I don't even love myself with short hair  and think I look unattractive... I'm just using the wig until it gets to APL (length of my wig) but hell, if it gets to shoulder length unstretched (it never has :/) then i'll just wear my hair like that and tell him the stylist got scissor happy. My ultimate goal is BSB or BSL but my hairs been under a wig since January, maybe it'll be good to let it breathe for faster growth once I get to APL. 

i feel like I can handle this for one more year...do you think it will get from Neck lenght to at least shoulder length? idk, am I worrying too much? Confused
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic