Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
nicq View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Failing to stylize my Mommy Wig
    Posted: May 25 2010 at 10:10pm
I got the Mommy Wig over the weekend and have been playing with it trying to get to resemble some of the 'fly' styles that some YouTubers have been able to achieve.  So far, it's a FAIL!

Any suggestions from any BHMers who've worn the 'Mommy' and styled it to their satisfaction?

I am so not a hair stylist that I wish I could find someone local to NYC to style it like these videos:

Ms. Deme (Meachy) has got it going on:

Here is a creative twist where a short track was added:

I welcome hearing what you Mommy Wig wearers did to get her ready to be rocked.  I tried spritzing with water and brushing to open the waves, but I am not pleased with any results.

Again, I will also consider NYC hair stylists, so PM if you can help.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

ilovhairweave View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 10:39pm
You need to play with it.. I had the color 2 and she was all over the place.. I didn't throw her out but the curl was not as tight. With colors 1 and 1b they look awesome on me. I have a few pics of me rocking her. The whole thing is mouse and water that is all you need. DO NOT USE GEL DO NOT USE CREAM MOISTURIZER.
You do not need a comb use your fingers and no sheen is needed unless you want a shine. Give it time it took me about 15 minutes to play with her a tad around the first. I got her right matter a fact I have 4 mommy wigs lol all my babies for the summer  I LOVE HER Heart

<- avi my mommy wig shorhawk -

I wear the hawk 24/7 I played with other styles but the hawk gives me the wild feel which I love!

_ size may be large. I don't have the time tonight to resize and last but not least

this is the 1 do you notice how tight this one is .. my avi is a color 2 no combs no fingers and its looser.

Otherwise GOOD LUCK and don't give up on her.
nicq View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 11:17pm
Nice!!!
I peeked at your avatar and also noted that you live to NY too!  So I may send you my unit if all failsWink

In Meachy's YT video, she parted it and had a nice funky look going on.  I tried to part it, but it didn't stay flat and I can't duplicate the funky look.
Maybe some mousse will help...It's just getting frustrated...I am ready to wear it out, but I am not feeling it yet.

How did you style around the sideburn areas? I want it tapered to a point.
Also, how do you get the nape to not ride up and stay flat (I know short wigs have a tendency to do so)

Thnx.
46foxfire View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 11:44pm
get a spray bottle and spray it.  Once it is a little wet, you can play with it and mold it to the way you want.
nicq View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 7:07am
Originally posted by 46foxfire 46foxfire wrote:

get a spray bottle and spray it.  Once it is a little wet, you can play with it and mold it to the way you want.

Well, I have been playing with the curls after wetting it and they did open some.  However, I think I'm challenged stylistically!!!

I'm open to more suggestions.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic