Perfect Hair Collection

Topic ClosedFACIAL MOLES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tolula View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: FACIAL MOLES
    Posted: Jun 04 2004 at 5:59pm

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.

My mother has these dark moles all over her body, and their actually called dermatisis papulosa nigra or DPN's, and they are genetic.  I see alot of other Black women and men with this problem, but I'm not sure if anyone has ever went about getting them removed.

I'm starting to get these same moles all over, and I went to a dermatologist who told me should could remove them, and it would cost about $600-$900.  The thing is, she said new ones would form eventually although those removed wouldn't come back. 

I really just want to know if anyone has ever had any of these moles removed and what they would suggest as far as what to expect or after care.

I would also like anyone who has the same problem to discuss it on this board because I see far too many African American women and men who have these moles and let the proliferate for lack of a better solution. There is a Black dermatologist who recently came out with a book called Brown Skin and she discussed the issue briefly, however, only briefly.  I feel that if enough fervor grew around such an issue I would begin a letter campaign to demonstrate interest to in figuring out a treatment that didn't involve surgery. 

I really feel alot of times products aren't geared toward African Americans because we suffer in silence, but I feel it's the 21st Century and we have more accessto information and power to change that.

Sponsored Links

Phoenix1017 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2004 at 3:21am

I'm getting my mole removed this summer. It's on my eyebrow and it's big now. about the size of a pencil eraser. Yeah, I know I'm getting to the danger zone on this one because it keeps growing. Anyway, they are going to have to cut deep into my skin to get rid of it for good. I have had a few problems with it because I have a skin picking disorder.

I'll tell ya'll how it turns out aftr the surgery.

I have seen lots of black people with small moles all over thir faces. I read that they were hereditary also. I heard that they could zap those off with electricity. They can't get all of the nevi out for you with an elliptical excision? It may leave scars but I think that may prevent them from coming back.

lyveec1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2004 at 12:23pm

Hey,

I am trying to find out if there are any safe topical solutions to get rid of my facial warts. Any suggestions??

hunyluvlee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2004 at 8:00pm
Yes, my mother got hers removed and she thinks its worth the money. Make sure you go to a doctor that specializes in ethnic skin, because you will have splotches left to treat when they are frozen and removed. Good Luck!
Scout45 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2004 at 9:29am

Hello All,

New to the board.  Glad I found it.  I too am starting to develop "facial moles" although my mother never did and neither have my sisters. 

I am interested in having them removed but as of yet do not have much info on the subject.  I agree that we need to make some noise as women and as people of color with health care needs that are not being met by the mainstream.

I am also wondering if the sun helps to exacerbate this condition. As a child I spent a lot of time outdoors unprotected .  Then sunscreen wasn't touted as it is today.  Now I use sunscreen even in the winter.  I know it can't prevent any damage which is already done but it may help to prevent future damage.

I'd appreciate any comments, insight, etc.

Knowledge is power.

Peace, Scout

cinna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2004 at 1:34pm
hi I just posted on the same topic under a different
thread. I had mine removed by the dermatologist in a
office visit.Mine were small in clusters around my
eye's. She used a cortrizing (sp?) instrument. It stings
a little it feels like mini electrical charges. That was
over a yr ago. They havn't come back. you are right
there isn't alot of information about how to have them
removed. I went to the dermatologist to have her
recommend something to even my skin tone. She is the one
who asked if I wanted them removed. I wished I had of
know of this years ago. My mother has a lot all over her
forehead growing into her hairline. I can't get her to
go to a dermatologist. I'm afraid they maybe to large to
remove without leaving huge scars. I agree with Tolula
we need to inform our community about treatment. There
is no reason in this day and age that people shouldn't
they have options.
zigmarlee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2004 at 5:49pm
My husband has these, we used that wart remover that comes in a can that freezes off warts just to try and see if it worked. We did a couple on his back and within 2 days they had turned grey and fell off. They left a small flat area, but keep in mind these were the raised moles. He also has the flat ones, and we didn't try those..we also didn't do his face, just tested his back and the stuff actually did work.
Mizz_Scorpio View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2004 at 6:15pm

I have facial moles because my mother has them, and i might get more. I used to not like them, but I had to learn to accept them; besides, I don't have sugery money. I hope your procedure is a success.

BTW, what causes those raised moles?

Edited by Mizz_Scorpio
Jai* View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2004 at 9:44pm

I'm sorry, but I actually like mine!  I've had mine since I was little. Although I'm not exactly sure what type you're talking about, I have the flat ones one on my back, on on my shoulder, and one on the side of my neck. And the they tiny ones that kind of stick up, I have a couple on the side of but underneath my left eye (But there's only one that you can really see). And actually, I've got a lot of complements on the one by my eye.  People think it's cute, I think it's cute, so I'm fine with it.

But from what I've heard people tend to get more of those little ones with age. I know my grandmother has a lot, and my mother had all of hers removed. I don't get it though, I mean if she wanted to remove those why did she leave the freckles on her nose?  Anyways.... lol.. the ones by her eye she had "burned" off by a doctor. No scars of course. And she said it was painless. But the larger ones she had removed scared very bad! To her, I think it was worth it. But to me personally, I can't say that it would be worth the trouble. Sorry, but I don't know how much she paid for the larger ones, but I don't think he even charged her for the little ones around her eyes. Either way that was a long time ago, and I'm sure prices have changed since.

I think it's character, and I think it adds to our individual beauty.  But then again... my mother feels the same way about the gap in her teeth, while I strongly disagreed and got braces to close mine.  So I guess I'm really not one to talk, as we all have our own preferences.  To each her own right.

Best wishes hun.

*~Peace and Blessings~*

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2004 at 10:40pm

As a kid I had some small moles under each eye.  Everyone saw that they weren't noticeable until they got really close to my face but yet still just them being their bothered me.  Like many of you..it's hereditary.  Male and females on my mother's side have moles on their faces.  

As I entered college the more moles seemed to appear.  My grandmother recommended that I use castor oil nightly on the moles.  Funny thing is that over a period I used the castor oil nightly and the moles came off.  However, when I thought they were gone and stopped using the castor oil they would come back.

So last summer I opted to get them removed.  The doctor recommended that I get them cut from my face instead of laser because dark skin becomes damaged and leaves black marks.  

He numbed my face with an something and the only discomfort I felt was the prick from the needle to numb (much like going to the dentist).  I was only allowed to wash my face with water and use an antibotic cream. 

Overall, I am glad that I rid of the moles and my faces and feel much better.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic