Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedFabric Softner really works but ...

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sunshine3215 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fabric Softner really works but ...
    Posted: May 18 2007 at 11:02am
Okay ladies and gents...

A while back, many of you posted that you used fabric softener to reduce tangles in our "hair"   Wink.  Well I did it on Wedn. with a quick weave and it really works   SmileSmile .  But my question is....do I do this more than once....or should this only need to be done one time.

Would I do this like every 2 weeks....to maintain tangle free hair????

Any and all comments GREATLY appreciated.
Sponsored Links

samanthajones67 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2007 at 11:26am
OMG......................

WHAT??????
Who even suggested this???????????????

Ok - Before I make any comment - are you using this on the extension hair or yours?????

Now for the Comment..... Over time the main ingredient in fabric softener ( and many hair conditioners ) DRY your Hair out.......

I am not focusing on the other effects, but - here is the article......

“Beware of natural products that are cutting corners by using toxic, synthetic chemicals,” says Dr. Loretta Lanphier author of Balancing Your Hormones Without Drugs…You Can Feel Good Again.
According to www.projectcensored.org, in 1997 the #2 censored story was cancer caused by cosmetics and personal care products.

According to Dr. Loretta Lanphier, ND, CN, HHP, “More than 38,000 cosmetic injuries requiring medical attention are reported annually in the US. Ingredients in shampoos, toothpastes, skin creams, and other personal care products, fabric softeners, make-up, hair care products, colognes, perfumes and other scented products can be dangerous to your health.”

Dr. Lanphier explains that a toxic chemical, stearalkonium chloride, is now being added to some natural progesterone creams. Stearalkonium chloride is a cheap emulsifier. Note that most manufacturers print “stearal konium chloride” on the label which makes it almost impossible to find research information as the correct spelling is steralkonium—all one word. According to the AFH Library stearalkonium chloride is a chemical used in hair conditioners and creams. It causes allergic reactions. Stearalkonium chloride was developed by the fabric industry as a fabric softener, and is a lot cheaper and easier to use in hair conditioning formulas than proteins or herbals, which do help hair health. As a cationic surfactant this means these chemicals have a positive electrical charge. They contain a quaternary ammonium group and are often called "quats". They are used in hair conditioners, but originated from the paper and fabric industries as softeners and anti-static agents. In the long run they cause the hair to become dry and brittle. They are synthetic, irritating, allergenic and toxic, and oral intake of them can be lethal. Examples are Stearalkonium chloride · Benzalkonium chloride · Cetrimonium chloride · Cetalkonium chloride · Lauryl dimonium hydrolysed collagen.

I would not use Fabric softener on any hair,extension or otherwise.

Edited by samanthajones67 - May 18 2007 at 11:31am
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2007 at 11:45am
Wow Samantha, thanks for that info. I'll look out for these when I go conditioner shopping. I wonder if they are in any of the ones I'm using right now. Will check later.

**I think the OP was referring to weaves.

Edited by Wildfire - May 18 2007 at 11:46am
flawless1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2007 at 11:59am

I use fabric softner on my synthetic hair all the time, and it does work units. I never put hair products on synthetic hair because it is not hair. However I have never used fabric softner on human hair. Mine or extensions.

sunshine3215 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2007 at 1:00pm

Okay....maybe I was not clear, this is for track hair only...and preferable syn. hair users....which i Know is not many.....but the quick weave wearers this helps.

the soaking is before the tracks are applies to ones hair.  Its straight out the pack you soak in fabric softner, and rinse.  Let hair airdry....don't touch the hair....the curls will return and then it does not tangle....

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2007 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by sunshine3215 sunshine3215 wrote:

Okay....maybe I was not clear, this is for track hair only...and preferable syn. hair users....which i Know is not many.....but the quick weave wearers this helps.

the soaking is before the tracks are applies to ones hair.  Its straight out the pack you soak in fabric softner, and rinse.  Let hair airdry....don't touch the hair....the curls will return and then it does not tangle....

WHEW!!!!

All right - well.... that is good to know - you know some young person on this forum might get mom's downy out and put it on her head, and I don't want that to happen!!!!

So thanks for letting me know!!!!!!

Edited by samanthajones67 - May 18 2007 at 6:56pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2007 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Wow Samantha, thanks for that info. I'll look out for these when I go conditioner shopping. I wonder if they are in any of the ones I'm using right now. Will check later.

**I think the OP was referring to weaves.

wildfire - I can tell you with certainty that Vo5 Condish has this emulsifyer......3rd ingredient down.....

I know everyone swears by it - but - I would NEVER put that stuff on my head.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic