Topic ClosedEYE COLOR TRANSPLANTS ~~Spinoff~~

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
honeyb1181 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2008 at 11:46pm
wow, i was just reading over some of the comments on here and started thinking, alot of us on here (not all...) wear weaves... I do myself. Do you think that means that I am making these alterations to make myself look more Eurpean...like those who have plastic surgery as some have said here, eye implants, yadda yadda...just intrested in the yall opinions.
Sponsored Links

TransitAngst View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2008 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by honeyb1181 honeyb1181 wrote:

wow, i was just reading over some of the comments on here and started thinking, alot of us on here (not all...) wear weaves... I do myself. Do you think that means that I am making these alterations to make myself look more Eurpean...like those who have plastic surgery as some have said here, eye implants, yadda yadda...just intrested in the yall opinions.

I think it means nothing of the sort unless that is your actual intention. If you want to change your eye color (temporarily with contacts or permanently with surgery), then why can't it be seen as just that? All it is is doing something different. Brown eyes do not make a person black. If they do, then why do white people have brown eyes? I think some people like to accuse other people of trying to "look white" (whatever that means) in order to fluff themselves up and convince themselves of their own "blackness" (again, whatever that means). I'd never get eye surgery. But if any of you do, GO AHEAD AND DO IT, AND LOVE IT.
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2008 at 8:53pm
If you're getting crap stuffed into your eyes for that much money, you have issues, I'm sorry.  For the amount of money people are spending on all of these "enhancements" they could be doing something more productive.  Who pays that much attention to eyes anyway?  It's not like having darker eyes automatically makes you ugly and if you just want a change you can just get contacts or better still, learn to live with a feature that's not harmful in anyway(obviously I'm not including albinos here).

Personally I wouldn't do it. I love my dark eyes.  I'm scared to get lasik so you know some eye implants is out of the question. 
Danni-J View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2008 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by honeyb1181 honeyb1181 wrote:

no because a weave can be taken out. an eye transplant is permanent. a lot of us wear weaves or get our hair permed/pressed because its more manageable (speaking more for the type 3s' & 4's). personally speaking, i definitely wouldnt want myself to appear more european at all. they may have more general variations of eye color, but we're the ones with the different skin tones, hair textures, AND eye color, though its not as common as europeans.
chocolateDiva1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2008 at 8:38pm
The whole time I was watching this video I was thinking to myself "can this cause me to go blind?" The procedure is interesting but not for me. What are the long term effects of this procedure?
Sparkling Bliss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2008 at 8:54pm
Better safe than sorry!
Best to stick to prescripted colored contacts
if you are hazard cautious.

HalfMoon View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2008 at 9:04pm
HELL TO THE MOFO NAW!!!....I'm still teetering on the fence with Lasik surgery! It's all I can do to handle contacts and eye drops. I've mastered those, but I'm afraid of stuff in and around my eyes.

Everybody's always trying to steer me towards other-colored contacts. Because of my coloring, I guess, but I think I look best with my own dark brown eyes.

Edited by HalfMoon - Feb 22 2008 at 9:09pm
discreet. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2008 at 5:30pm
Kmt. I don't want that star, I would like different eye color yes. But brown eyes sweety are beautiful seriously. From the darkest to lightest, it's beautiful. I do wish sometimes I had a lighter shade eye or not even just a color that's rare. But you can never sleep on the seductive brown eyed souls of the world.

you know, the intensity of the eyes isn't always because of the color, it's because of the person who has them and how they use them.
discreet. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2008 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Danni-J Danni-J wrote:

[QUOTE=honeyb1181]wow, i was just reading over some of the comments on here and started thinking, alot of us on here (not all...) wear weaves... I do myself. Do you think that means that I am making these alterations to make myself look more Eurpean...like those who have plastic surgery as some have said here, eye implants, yadda yadda...just intrested in the yall opinions.

I don't wear weaves or contacts but let me tell you something, i hate when people say sh*t like that. Excuse my language. First it's stereotyping and secondly, it's like shut your frigging bloody mouth with that garbage. So you know how many Black people generally speaking don't have brown eyes and have long hair? They aren't aware of that so they make bad comments. I have even members in bloodline with all either or, or Both, or none of those features.
discreet. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2008 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by scoobydont scoobydont wrote:

It rubs me the wrong way.. it just seems like another step many self-hating people will take to look more "European". I mean, already I've seen many black and Asian people dye their hair blonde and wear green/blue contact lenses. This has to stop, IMO.

Although I will say that I think people should do what they want.. it just ends up being detrimental to society as a whole. People are buying into what the media tells them

Believe it or not, not just "Europeans" have those looks. Besides what you may see, there are plenty of Black people that have different colored eyes then brown and black. What you are saying is the same as saying someone wearing a long straight weave or any sort of weave is seeking a "european" feature. Not just WHITE people will have these features. So is it self hate to wear a weave too?

Edited by discreet. - Mar 10 2008 at 9:13pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic