Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Extremely Tender Headed??!!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Caligirl85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caligirl85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extremely Tender Headed??!!
    Posted: Oct 28 2010 at 10:38pm
My mother is half way done with cornrowing my hair- and my head is still throbbing!

At the age 24 almost 25- you would think I would have grown out of my tender headness, but nothing I do or concentrate on helps me in the pain...pain so intense, I cry and yell out like a baby. My mother, aunties, hair stylists all agree it's tender headed-ness, they say that they can immediately see my scalp pull up, and turn red when ever the put stress on it....

Does anyone else have this issue, and if so how do you deal with it?! Are there drugs or treatments? What causes it?
Sponsored Links

Cali naps View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2010 at 10:41pm
tylenol and cold water with some oils in it to mist on my scalp work great for me
manim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 8:24am
Hello, This was such a nice info you have shared with us. I like it. Hope this will help other's also. Keep  sharing.

Thanks!!!!

**Strawberrykisses** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Strawberrykisses** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 11:50am
My daughter is very tender headed I mean extremely. She had very thick mbl hair that would constantly tangle. Unfortunately the only thing that helped was a relaxer....sad to say, of course now all that pretty hair she had is gone. I wish I had found BHM before I decided to relax her hair yrs. ago.

OP is your hair natural?
Cali naps View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 12:57am
i found what causes it.

In some cases, lack of hygiene may be a reason for tender, itchy scalp. In other cases, excessive use of hair care products that contain harsh chemicals can be the cause of tender scalp. Most shampoos consists of an aggressive foaming and cleaning agent namely Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLS). The chemicals remove the natural sebum from the scalp and affect the pH balance. These natural oils are essential to protect the scalp from several fungal infections. When the skin becomes tender and dry, it may become susceptible to yeast organisms such as Pitysporum Ovale or Melassesia Globbosa. Due to yeast infections, there may be flaking and dandruff formation.

Tender hair follicles may result from too tightly tied hair.
  • Acne is also the common cause of tender scalp. It may result from infection, ingrown hair, hormonal causes, blocked pores and incorrect diet.
  • A fungal infection by ringworm (Tinea capitis) is one of the main causes for tender, sore scalp. This infection is more commonly seen in children. It is a superficial yeast infection of the scalp and it is caused by mold-like fungi known as dermatophytes. It causes the symptoms such as itchy, red patches on the scalp, resulting in hair loss and development of bald areas.
  • Your scalp may become tender due to an allergic skin reaction (contact dermatitis). There are two forms of allergic reactions such as irritant contact dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis. Allergic contact dermatitis is a type of hypersensitivity reaction, resulting from the body’s immune system. Irritant contact dermatitis is developed due to the direct effect of irritant substances on the skin.
  • Certain viral infections such as chickenpox or shingles can also cause tender scalp
  • Use of products containing natural ingredients such as wheatgerm, macadamia or jojoba oils are recommended. These oils remoisturize and nourish the scalp. You can also massage the scalp using some natural oils such as lavender, chamomile, eucalyptus or avocado oil, which have soothing, healing, antibacterial as well as antifungal properties.
  • i got all this from http://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-causes-tender-scalp.html

i bolded the things that are most likely causing your scalp to be so tender and other oils that help just in case you didnt want to read all that.Smile
    samorya View Drop Down
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samorya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2010 at 6:04am
    Originally posted by manim manim wrote:

Hello, This was such a nice info you have shared with us. I like it. Hope this will help other's also. Keep  sharing.

Thanks!!!!

bumping, and callin out this da** troll
    Cali naps View Drop Down
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2010 at 4:09pm
    LOLLOL
    Akpknuako View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akpknuako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 6:03pm
    bumping for any recent tips or tricks... I've been natural for about 3 years now and am in my 20s. I thought I would outgrow my "tender headed-ness," but I haven't. I keep my head in braided styles, the entire process is excruciating. It's 2014-does anyone have anything special they do. *Please-no perms.

Thank you in advance!!!
    Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
    House of CB London
    Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
    The Elite Hair Care Sorority
    Electric Cherry Hair
    Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
    Human Hair Wigs
    Wefting Training
    FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
    Dependable Quality Hair
    Switch Up your Look with a protective Style