Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

extreme couponing tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Be firm. Print out the stores coupon policy and bring it with you

Call corporate if they hassle you

A copy of the CFR with the ones that pertain to you/your coupons highlighted in yellow usually puts the brakes on that hassle shyt.
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 10:23pm
I use coupons all the time but not to the extreme. I also give feedback on my fav products time to time and get freebies.
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Can someone explain what doubling of a coupon means??

Some stores double coupons. If the coupon is worth .50 off , you will get $1 off

Do you have to ask them to do this?
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 10:43pm
^^^There's usually a sign on the front doors advertising that they double/triple, the amounts, and the day(s) they do it on. Something like:

"Double coupons up to $1 everyday! Triple coupons up to 75 cents every 3rd Tuesday!"

Edited by FarraFace - Jan 02 2013 at 10:48pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:25pm
I just regular coupon...extreme couponing is more than I care to do.

Sign up for the rewards card at the store you frequent the most. Ralph's (Kroger for the rest of y'all) saves me a lot of money through the rewards card and for points to use for gas discounts. Plus since it tracks what you buy they send me coupons in the mail for products I buy often (including fruit/vegetables). And most stores you can go on their website and load the coupons to your card which makes things easier.

Focus on using coupons for things you use regularly...don't just buy something because you have a coupon. Go to the manufacturer's website or google for coupons and freebies (you can usually find the same coupons that are in the paper). You can save a lot on toiletries/cleaning supplies that way.

Don't be afraid to buy the meat and fresh produce that's on special because it needs to be sold that day. You can get meat really cheap that way...just go home and freeze it straight away or cook it that night (I usually just freeze it). For veggies you can steam them pretty quickly (al dente), then freeze, and just heat them up when you want them.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 3:23am
Sorry, fell asleep, but lots of great tips ladies, thanks!
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 3:49am
I used to coupon, not extreme, but like regular coupon.

I didn't understand it until I did some research, but the reason that they buy so many of a particular item is because sale prices go through phases. More sophisticated couponers watch sale prices and keep a track of "rock bottom" prices, so when something you buy gets to or below your rock bottom price (which for many means with the use of a coupon they pay little to no money) it's time to stock up. 

You buy a lot because it will be a while before whatever item will get to your rock bottom price again. I don't think they tell you that on the show, but that is why people keep a stash or stockpile. These people aren't buying things to fill their pantry every week, they buy when the things are little to no cost and keep a good amount to last. So they may go to the grocery store and only get 10 things, but they'll buy a sh*tload of those 10 things to last until it gets to rock bottom sale price again. And this is repeated basically weekly.

Don't be loyal to one store. And sign up for store cards with your correct address. Many of them will mail you store coupons directly which can be used on top of manufacturer coupons (stacking) or total purchase coupons.

Another thing-some stores won't give you overage (I think wal-mart may be one) so like mentioned you have to be very aware of store coupon policies. One's that do give you overage-that can be used to buy (fresh) meat, seafood, veggies and fruits. Almost anything else in the store you can get a coupon for.

I've gotten many free things, and some for low cost. I've gotten free cake mix, lotion, hair conditioner, milk, and other crap. And many, many things for low cost-cereal is a big one, yogurt, juice, makeup, and again many many other things.

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 8:25am
^^^ aaah ok, i was wondering why i would need 20 bottles of mustard.....wouldnt mind stockpiling on cleaning supplies though
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 3:14pm
Exactly. Cleaning supplies don't have an expiration date, or at least they have a longer shelf life than food items. The same with many health and beauty items.
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 3:46pm
Kroger gives you overage
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System