Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Extreme Couponing / Shopping for a deal ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:10am
Oh...and I have been lucky to have old people give me coupons at BJs and supermarket for stuff in my cart
Sponsored Links

iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:18am
Ok, I didn't want to keep writing if it wouldn't post.Embarrassed

So you didn't find a deal? You didn't find any good coups in your publications? Well, take your grocery list and look online for any coups that may help your shopping trip be cheaper. If you're buying Bigelow Tea, go on their website, google Bigelow coupons, etc. This seriously can't hurt at all.

Ok, you didn't find nothin??Angry Fine! Well at least rack up with rewards by shopping at places with rewards card or using Savings Star (it's like couponing, but backwards. You buy the items and the coupon amount goes into your SavingStar account and you can use that for Amazon GC and etc. Go to www.savingstar.com or DL their app. Smile

I loooove CVS because I am always racking up Extrabucks (which is free money) and I usually have coupons for their sales AND my CVS card is connected to my Savings Star. (and there is one walking distance from my job and house)

I'm sure there are more and plenty of apps like Retail Me Not for more retail type stores. www.retailmenot.com

What about the coupons to the side? Those are for if you see a really good deal for something that you usually don't buy, but something that you could use. Like if you never buy Bounty just because you have always bought Brawny. Yet you see that Bounty is on sale for 50cent a roll, plus you have a coupon for $1 off 2, while Brawny is it's usual price. It would be worth it to get the free 2 rolls of Bounty in this situation. But don't end up like this:

You really don't want to buy what you don't need. It is ok to have hauls (lots of items) for things that your family actually goes through quickly, like soap and toilet paper and certain food items. But once it gets where you are super stocked and you're still buying, I believe at that point you should share the wealth. Bless somebody else in you family with some necessities or donate to charity.

Last tip: If it's not on sale and you don't have a coup or some kind of savings, don't buy it. I understand that this is unavoidable, but if you keep this mindset, more often than not you will stick to it. If you keep telling yourself this, you will make exceptions when it's really important. I do this for dining out and shopping too. If I'm going to restaurant with friends, I'm off the computer to see what is the specials at that place and are there any coupons lying around. If they have a sign up email which earns points or gives coupons, I sign up. If i'm online shopping I try to use a cashback site that earns points or cash or something. SavingStar does this and so does my Southwest Airline (I'm trying to earn free tickets lol). Bank of America does Cash back deals on their DEBIT cards, go online and check it out or call your bank.

That's all the tips I can think of right now. I'm tied, chirren

Good luck and blessings to you in being a good steward of what you have been blessed withClap Can't wait to hear everyone else's tips! I'm definitely no expert!!
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:18am

7 Coupon Clipping Services

by Fanny • 

If you’ve watched TLC’s Extreme Couponing show, you have seen extreme couponers use coupon clipping services to get additional coupons to score a massive stockpile of products.

What is a coupon clipping service?

A coupon clipping service clips coupons for you so that you can get multiples of the same coupon easily. So if you want 10 coupons for $1 off dishwashing liquid, you won’t have to look for or buy 10 Sunday papers to get it. Then they mail the coupons for you within a few days. You pay for the service, not the coupon.

Reasons to use a coupon clipping service:

• You don’t want to buy more Sunday papers to get more coupons on a particular product. And for this reason alone, coupon clipping services can be cheaper than buying additional papers.
  • Not all areas have the same coupons and you want the coupons with the best deal. (I’ve seen a $1 off dishwashing liquid coupon offered in another area, which made the product free with a store sale. But in my area, the coupon in the Sunday paper was only for 50 cents off!)
  • You don’t want to spend money on expensive ink cartridges to print coupons.
  • There’s a limit on the amount of coupons you can print online, usually only 2 copies of each coupon.
  • You live in a small town that doesn’t accept printable coupons.
  • You don’t have time to look through the paper and clip coupons.
  • You want to get more coupons easily.coupon clipping service

How does a coupon clipping service work?

Choose from a selection of recent coupons, laid out in shopping cart style. The coupons will have a handling fee of 5 cents and up per coupon, depending on the value of the coupon. Coupon clipping services can’t charge you for the coupon itself, just the service of clipping the coupons and maintaining the website.

Most of these clipping services require a minimum purchase of $3.00 – $4.00 per order and may include an admin fee to make it worth their while. A shipping fee is added to your order on top of that. Then they will mail it to you within a few days, depending on how far away you are and which shipping option you choose.

If you don’t want to deal with the per coupon cost or the admin fee, then there are subscription options where you pay a flat fee or a set number of coupons.

Tips on choosing the best coupon clipping service:

• Beware of the coupon expiration date.
  • Go with a coupon clipping service closest to you for faster shipping.
  • Decide on how many coupons you want to order. If you tend to order a lot, then maybe the subscription option may work better for you.

Coupon Clipping Services by Region

South

Coupons and Things by Dede - Located in Texas (min. order $5.00 plus $.50 admin fee) Their site is SSL certified, which I haven’t seen on other sites. That means your order, credit card info, and personal info are secure when transmitted through their site. The process of getting SSL certified is a long and arduous task, taking several months. So I applaud Coupons and Things by Dede for doing this. They offer email updates of the newest coupons and a rewards program towards more coupons. And they have a maximum order quantity per coupon.

The Coupon Clippers - Located in Florida (min. order $3.94 plus $.50 admin fee) The Coupon Clippers is probably the most popular coupon clipping service since they have been featured on The Today Show, The Wall Street Journal, and Woman’s Day. They have a wide variety coupons, a count on how many coupons are remaining, live customer service, and a link to store sales.

My Coupon Hunter - Located in Florida. (subscription based) They offer a flat fee for a set amount of coupons rather than a per coupon price. For instance, 60 coupons are $10 with a subscription good for 90 days. And you must create a login account in order to view coupons.

Midwest

Coupon Carry-Out Located in Ohio. (min. order $3.00) They offer coupons from P&G, Red Plum, SmartSource, Walgreens, and more.

Northeast

The Coupon Master - Located in Rhode Island (min. order $3.00 plus $.50 admin fee) A minimum order of 3 per coupon is required.

West Coast

West Coast Coupon Clipping - Located in Washington. (no min. order required) Coupons are listed by coupon insert company (eg. Red Plum, P & G) not by category like the other coupon clipping sites. This website is a littler harder to navigate but they don’t have a minimum order requirement like the other clipping services. And you can get free shipping if you order $4.00 or more. West Coast Coupon Clipping also offers the option to pay in person and pick up your coupons if you live in the area.

Have you tried any of these coupon clipping services? What’s your experience with them? Are there other coupon clipping services you recommend? Please leave a comment.

iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

my mother used to buy us clothes then take them back for price adjustments... price adjustments/sale/discount code = extra stuff. I went to L&T with my mother and was walking around the store with stuff for myself... she said that her shopping doesn't mean i get stuff too.. i really didn't understand so i put it on the counter and stepped aside
supermarkets... i used a coupon at the supermarket recently and saved like $2 on a $100 total

U was like

AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Amelia...really walgreens barred for a year....more details please. Was she using coupons for the sales owns and basically get them for free.

Yeah, she only used coupons during sales and getting money back since she saved so much. They didn't bar her from the store but she cant use a coupon and she's not eligible for deals...so basically she ain't going lol
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:40am
Target shoppers should download the app "Cartwheel"

I use it all the time

For example, right now with this app Revlon Colorstay is 20% off

Find you a manufacturers coupon and you're good to go!

This is Targets own lil coupon book. It has coupons for everything in store. 

You can earn rewards. 

Just be sure the cashier scans the barcode on your app *after* your items are rung up. 

Not before, after your items are rung up and BEFORE you swipe your credit/ or debit card.

Basically, it's not unheard of cashiers not knowing how to complete transactions with the app. Although this isn't a third party app....this is Target's ishLOL

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:57am
thans seductress

lol iluv.. i was like.. who you talking to?

BSuga... which bjs do you go to? its always so crowded at the one with target/red lobster. its every man for himself
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:59am

thans seductress

BSuga... which bjs do you go to? its always so crowded at the one with target/red lobster. its every man for himself
I go to the one in Pelham
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

thans seductress

I go to the one in Pelham

I go to the one by 161st, maybe it's just me but i feel like they don't have sh*t. Maybe it's cause is suck at shopping and i never have a coupon book.
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:12pm

thans seductress

that joint is a *&%^$#@Ein zoo
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style