Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Extreme Couponing / Shopping for a deal ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme Couponing / Shopping for a deal ?
    Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:13am
Do you coupon ? Only buy things on sale ?
Stock up on sale items ?

I'm a terrible shopper, i never use coupons, i buy full price, if i buy it today and it goes on sale tomorrow i don't go back.
Sponsored Links

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:20am
i dont even know where to begin on extreme couponing or how to come up off them
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:36am
I have shopping rules for myself.

Don't buy it. If it's absolutely needed, try to get it for free. If I can't get it for free then get a coupon. Using coupons is so easy now because you can just google it on your phone and have them scan it. Not doing it is just a waste.

I'm not an extreme couponer but for things you know you'll buy over and over like certain groceries you should buy in bulk and use coupons. I know a bunch of people who never pay for toiletries or household items like cleaning supplies or paper towels.
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:47am
I am no where near the extreme level, but you can start by looking at the coupons that come in the mail and the Sunday paper. The ones in the mail are Red Plum and the ones in the paper are Smart Source (I think sometimes they both can be in both). This publications also have websites if you would like to get more coups.

I go through the coups and I see which I can use and I clip those. I set the other ones ASIDE for a second. I get a few grocery stores publications in the mail and I get the rest either in the Sunday paper or I physically go to the store and get the sales paper. (I also try to take a quick look around when I do this because I would like to see certain prices of things either: a) not on sale, b)possibly not advertised, c)advertised elsewhere to see if it's actually a deal.

Ok, so you have the publications and the coups for things you usually buy. You have the other coups to the side. You probably have your grocery list/ household list. The last thing before you begin is you need a basic idea of prices. None of this: 

So you have basic knowledge and all your items. Go through the publications of the places you shop and see if you spot a deal. (Most extreme couponers have a list of items and they have the highest price they've see, the lowest they've seen and the usual price; including stores where these prices are. I'm not there yet, chile)

So you found a deal at XYZ Foods! Yay. You see that Hormel Chili is 2 for $1 and you see that you have a coup for 55cents off. You're ready to go?

Now it's time to go ONLINE and see if you can get another coup or more coups for the Hormel chili. You will most likely find at least 1 more of the 55cent off, but maybe you will find something better.Big smile

More to come!Thumbs Up
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:49am

i'll use a coupon but my sister is extreme. she has kids so I guess i get it, but its at the point where she's storing ish at my spot because she overshops and hers is crowded.

she got banned from using coupons or getting any deals at walgreens for a year bc she saved too much money -__- yes, it really does happen.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:56am
I have been cutting coupons since I was 3 yrs old and had to use those big bulky baby scissors, so couponing is 2nd nature to me and a part of life BUT i think that most of the extreme couponing is a neat and clean covert outlet for hoarding disorder b/c who the hell needs 25 bottles of mustard and 10 gallon sized mayonnaise jars? The shyt gon' expire, then what? That is a gateway to hoarding. You have wasted time/space/energy.

I do think that it is a good idea to double and triple coupons for essential items like laundry detergent, paper towels etc if you have storage space for it.

ETA: I keep a clear plastic binder filled with current coupons in my car. Sorted by store coupons & manufacturer coupons. Whenever I get the bed bath beyond coupons, I sort them according to $5 off of $15 or the 20% off a single item type.

Then when it is time to buy something, I 'stack' them: use 1 store coupon, one manufacturer coupon on top of the existing sale & rebate for each possible item.

BJ's Wholesale Club accepts manufacturer coupons and they have a monthly store coupon book and they allow you to use the stack the store & manufacturer coupon on top of their wholesale bulk prices.Smile

Edited by NJHairLuv - Apr 03 2014 at 11:06am
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:59am
Amelia...really walgreens barred for a year....more details please. Was she using coupons for the sales owns and basically get them for free.

When my son was 6 months HEB had a coupon BOGO free on their brand diapers 2 large boxes of diapers for $15. Needless to say my son had diapers until he was ready to potty train from size 2 to 6.   I even have away packs at various baby showers. My son closer es attacked with diapers. He used to go in the closet and climb on boxes. Wish I could find that deal on pull ups
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:00am
How do you guys double and triple coupons stores in my area don't allow it? Kroger used to but not now.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:02am
I use Retailmenot.com
Google

circulars with coupons

I also sign up for promotions with stores

eta...and if I go to a store and something is on sale and they don't have it in stock I ask for a raincheck

Edited by Brjasuga51 - Apr 03 2014 at 11:03am
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:07am
my mother used to buy us clothes then take them back for price adjustments... price adjustments/sale/discount code = extra stuff. I went to L&T with my mother and was walking around the store with stuff for myself... she said that her shopping doesn't mean i get stuff too.. i really didn't understand so i put it on the counter and stepped aside

supermarkets... i used a coupon at the supermarket recently and saved like $2 on a $100 total
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic