Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Extreme Coils: The 4c Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 27>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
o0Dreamer0o View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote o0Dreamer0o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 4:36pm
No her hair is not 4c. I have 4c hair and even when its drenching wet my curls are never loose.
It's aggravating when people don't believe 4c hair exist because then you have a hard time finding someone to give you real good hair tips.

I have tried Nikkimae, Kimmaytube (when her hair was short), SimplYounique, and Naptural85 hair tips. Only to find that they don't work on my hair. Why? Because I'm 4c. My hair doesn't hold curls for long, it frizzes easily, and it never! hangs over my face. Only and only if I do a blow out/twist out it may hang over my face for like an hour. Then it slowly frizzes back up till I look like the dang Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland. For real!

If you want a real example of 4c hair and what we have to go through when its pretty short look at this video by BlackWomanScholar  "Tackling the twist out on 4c hair" Then you could really see the struggle we go through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEI5F3OvPws&feature=related
Sponsored Links

Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2012 at 4:44am
Originally posted by mediagirl mediagirl wrote:

Fellow 4cs what do you think?

Hmmm a WASH & GO on 4b/c hair is a fro LOL 

But we do have a curl but it's normally the size of the tip of a pen.
mediagirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mediagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2012 at 4:51am
Originally posted by Soratachi Soratachi wrote:

Originally posted by mediagirl mediagirl wrote:

Fellow 4cs what do you think?

Hmmm a WASH & GO on 4b/c hair is a fro LOL 

But we do have a curl but it's normally the size of the tip of a pen.

ikr? Imagine waking up on monday for work to do a "wash n go" that takes 1 hour without washing + conditioning time. LOL

I don't know how many pictures we can show to make some people finally get what type 4c hair is like. 
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2012 at 8:59pm
4C FTW!!! :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2012 at 5:39pm
there is such a thing as 4c hair.  we do exist.  just because andre w. didn't put it on his chart, doesn't mean it is not out there.  he made his chart as a guide, as his opinion, and people use it as their bible and holy scripture.  4c has little coils and curls, but it does not have a pattern. it also has zig-zags that are not uniform.  so we have non-straight hair, but it doesn't "clump" and our wash and go's, while cute, will not showcase curl patterny hair.  it will showcase our zig zags and unique coils.  

i do not understand what people do not understand about that.

and for people saying, oh, your hair is not 4c, it is actually [insert random other hair type that curls in patterns here]...you just don't take care of it properly...and they have never met or touched your hair, it is just clear that they do not have 4c hair...and really, it is insulting, to say the very least. 

Edited by Heavy Rotation - Oct 28 2012 at 4:56pm
CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 2:28pm
Im a fellow 4c head here :D 

My biggest struggle : Dryness, protein sensitive, and length retention. I have been natural for like 3 years now, and my hair never been longer than 7 inches. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 4:58pm
hey crunder, what's your reggie like?

have you tried using apogee green tea restructurizer?  it is a light protein and i really like it.  i think i am protein sensitive too and it works well on my hair.  i spray it once a week after rmy wash.

Edited by Heavy Rotation - Oct 29 2012 at 2:55am
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 5:28pm
Hey crunder,

We need more information to help you on your journey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 2:04pm
Hey, 4Cisters. I have some wash and go questions and I would appreciate your insight.

Do any of you do wash and go's? If so, are they cute in your opinion? Would love to know if you do it on wet, damp, or dry hair? In small or big sections? Which product gives you the best results? Do you put on any leave ins before the gel? Any oils or moisturizer after?

Thanks!
CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:41am
@Heavy @darlinnic

I just recently changed my reggie. After I found out that I was protein sensitive and I have low porosity hair. It pretty simple now. 

I wash with t gel neutrogena. I have serious dandruff and that's the only thing that works for me.

I only co wash on wash day, with design essential coconut milk

Dc with with Jessicurl, or Audrey Organics, or my banana baby food masque. I henna once a month

My leave in is Kinky curly knot today

Seal with avocado, grapeseed, and JBCO oils.  And I finish my LOC method with my shea mix

I recently put my hair in braids, and I spray my hair everyday with my water/oils/kinky curly leave in mix

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 27>
  Share Topic