BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Extreme Coils: The 4c Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Nice twistout darlinnic!
I don't see why someone with this hair texture can't bun for growth. In fact, once my hair is long enough I'll probably be bunning a lot.

Ok so I have a dilemma. MY scalp literally NEEDS oil daily. The longest it can go without daily is 1 day. After that, I get a headache, my scalp hurts, the root of my hair hurts, all sorts of crazy things happen. And my sister is the same way. Once I apply oil, I can almost feel my roots smiling again.
But the issue is, my hair is in plaits and I don't want to manipulate them throughout the week, but when I apply the oil it runs down my temples and neck and it clogs my pores and I break out.

I don't use a lot either. I guess the opening of the applicator bottles are being made too wide. Using my fingers doesn't get all of my roots.

Do you ladies oil your scalp? has this ever been an issue for you?

Derri, i have a question, do you moisturize at all before applying your oil.  i  learned to use oil as a "sealant".  Possibly using the moisturizer first, you might not need as much oil.

When i wore braids?  i actually used oil in a half water and half - oil/leave in conditioner spritz. With this i added carrier oils to stimulate the scalp for growth.  i.e., rosemary, and peppermint.

Sponsored Links

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 3:04am
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Darlinnic, Love your hair, dipped in this thread a few times but never said until now. Big smile

Thanks Kiki you are too kind
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Queensheba Queensheba wrote:

omg darlinnic you are my inspiration im only 8 months into my 18 month transition your hair is beautiful

Wow.. Me an inspiration??? Thanks.

If you only knew where I started. Chewed up relaxed hair, never ever past neck length. NEVER.
Hair always breaking. Always getting a "trim" after a relaxer. And even when I was transitioning through weaves, I would go and have my stylist wash and blowdry me. I lost sooooo much length because she would rip through my hair with the comb attachment. Sigh...

I still have so much to learn.

Side note: I know everyone is like "I don't subscribe to hair typing" or "I don't believe in hair typing" that's like saying "I don't suscribe to skin color when describing an individual". Hair typing is an attempt to give others a base of what I'm talking about. Everyone thinks their hair is very coily, very kinky, very coarse so describing hair in those words takes away any real comparison and it doesn't help me.

So Queen, you just hang in there. You will get through it. I thought that my hair wouldn't grow because it wasn't silky and curly and most people were just negative. But it did. I'm still shocked. Hopefully I can keep it all on my head. Lol.

Darlinnic
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:05pm
Yes I have a moisturizer. I've been using a couple different ones. This oiling business I mentioned in my previous post is for my scalp, not necessarily the length of my hair. My scalp needs to be oiled every other day, or else I feel very uncomfortable. But the bloody oil runs down my neck, forehead
 etc and I hate it! it is only a problem because I am trying to PS. When I was relaxed I used to oil my scalp with my fingers. Just quickly run the oil through and that was that.

I think I'll try a dropper tonight and see how it goes. Perhaps if I have better control of the amount that will solve my problem.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Yes I have a moisturizer. I've been using a couple different ones. This oiling business I mentioned in my previous post is for my scalp, not necessarily the length of my hair. My scalp needs to be oiled every other day, or else I feel very uncomfortable. But the bloody oil runs down my neck, forehead
 etc and I hate it! it is only a problem because I am trying to PS. When I was relaxed I used to oil my scalp with my fingers. Just quickly run the oil through and that was that.

I think I'll try a dropper tonight and see how it goes. Perhaps if I have better control of the amount that will solve my problem.

i understand.. i used to wear braids, and tried an experiment with Bhingaraj oil. (it's it's a dark green color).

Whelp, i was buying it from a company called "Hesh" from Amazon.com.  My mistake was that it was mostly mineral oil which didn't absorb very well on my scalp..

I wore a white lab coat to work, and didn't realize the oil had left a faint green "halo" around the neck of my lab coat. .. and my sweat shirts, and my over coats.. 

thus, i switched brands, and yes, i, too, learned to use less..LOL

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 7:12pm
Trying the LOC method for the first time.. :)

teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 12:40am
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

Trying the LOC method for the first time.. :)

What's LOC? And your twistout looked great!
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 1:39pm
Haven't had a chance to check all their channels,  but thought I'd share:

Oh, and the LOC method is Liquid, Oil, Creme.   It helps to maintain moisture because your sealing in moisture, then sealing in again!

For me, when I'm about to style, I spray a water/aloe vera juice mix on my hair (liquid), follow with Vatika oil from root to tip (oil), then finish with B.A.S.K Palm Tapioca (creame).  Hope that makes sense

Edited by Ms_Kudos - Mar 07 2013 at 1:44pm
mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Ms_Kudos Ms_Kudos wrote:

Oh, and the LOC method is Liquid, Oil, Creme.   It helps to maintain moisture because your sealing in moisture, then sealing in again!

For me, when I'm about to style, I spray a water/aloe vera juice mix on my hair (liquid), follow with Vatika oil from root to tip (oil), then finish with B.A.S.K Palm Tapioca (creame).  Hope that makes sense

I'm not quite gettin the LOC method..Confused  To me, it would make more sense to do is mist with water, cream  and then oil.  Also, when you say cream..do you mean a water based moisturizer?
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by mstinycurls mstinycurls wrote:

Originally posted by Ms_Kudos Ms_Kudos wrote:

I'm not quite gettin the LOC method..Confused  To me, it would make more sense to do is mist with water, cream  and then oil.  Also, when you say cream..do you mean a water based moisturizer?

I do water, coconut oil and As I Am Double Butter Cream...

So far so good
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 27>