FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedExtreme Coils: The 4c Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 27>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mstinycurls View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

Originally posted by mstinycurls mstinycurls wrote:

Originally posted by Ms_Kudos Ms_Kudos wrote:

Haven't had a chance to check all their channels,  but thought I'd share:

Oh, and the LOC method is Liquid, Oil, Creme.   It helps to maintain moisture because your sealing in moisture, then sealing in again!

For me, when I'm about to style, I spray a water/aloe vera juice mix on my hair (liquid), follow with Vatika oil from root to tip (oil), then finish with B.A.S.K Palm Tapioca (creame).  Hope that makes sense

I'm not quite gettin the LOC method..Confused  To me, it would make more sense to do is mist with water, cream  and then oil.  Also, when you say cream..do you mean a water based moisturizer?

I do water, coconut oil and As I Am Double Butter Cream...

So far so good

I may give this a try..
Sponsored Links

RedAdmiral101 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2013 at 10:25am
I've also always thought the loc method didn't make sense. It would seem as if you want to put all water based products first then seal with an oil. Like, aloe vera juice mist,then a butter or cream that's water based and THEN an oil.my eyebrow kinda goes up especially when I see the combination of water then an oil then a butter that has no water in it what so ever. Sounds like a recipe for product build up O_o
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2013 at 8:03pm
I understand what you ladies are saying, why LOC and not LCO.  I believe the idea is sealing with the oil, helps lock in moisture from our moisturizers, and the cream moisturizer after the oil adds another barrier against moisture loss. (btw my cream moisturizer is water based)
Now that is a non-expert response... I don't know the 'educated' one, but I know that my hair would go from needing to re-moisture after a day or so to two -three with L.O.C.  And trust, that is a HUGE step for this hair!

And I haven't had product build up, but I think is because of the products I use. As we all know, all products don't respond the same for everybody.

Now if any one is willing to experiment with L.C.O v L.O.C I'd be interested in hearing your results, as I'm sure other members would.  But for me, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is ringing true for my hair with this method, literally and figuratively.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2013 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Ms_Kudos Ms_Kudos wrote:

I understand what you ladies are saying, why LOC and not LCO.  I believe the idea is sealing with the oil, helps lock in moisture from our moisturizers, and the cream moisturizer after the oil adds another barrier against moisture loss. (btw my cream moisturizer is water based)
Now that is a non-expert response... I don't know the 'educated' one, but I know that my hair would go from needing to re-moisture after a day or so to two -three with L.O.C.  And trust, that is a HUGE step for this hair!

And I haven't had product build up, but I think is because of the products I use. As we all know, all products don't respond the same for everybody.

Now if any one is willing to experiment with L.C.O v L.O.C I'd be interested in hearing your results, as I'm sure other members would.  But for me, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is ringing true for my hair with this method, literally and figuratively.

I think I will do L.C.O method this week and and L.O.C the following week get back with members with results..Smile  So, I will be using water, cantu butter natural lotion, olive oil to seal.  
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 12:17am
GREAT!  I will be awaiting your results!
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 12:21am
i've done both loc and lco. The lco worked better, plus it just mad more sense to me
RedAdmiral101 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 7:41am
Sounds like a plan to me :) God speed & good luck
darlinnic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 7:02pm
I like LCO better..... Makes sense
darlinnic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 10:46pm
Tried As I Am Hydration Elation-meh

I'm not getting this wow feeling from any deep conditioners.

So I used the As I am coconut cowash then used the Hydration Elation. Then rinsed then used the As I Am double butter cream and sealed with coconut oil.

My hair is greasy .... Not moisturized. Oh I put olive oil and coconut oil in the deep conditioner.

Maybe I need to clarify? Maybe I'm being heavy handed with product?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

Tried As I Am Hydration Elation-meh

I'm not getting this wow feeling from any deep conditioners.

So I used the As I am coconut cowash then used the Hydration Elation. Then rinsed then used the As I Am double butter cream and sealed with coconut oil.

My hair is greasy .... Not moisturized. Oh I put olive oil and coconut oil in the deep conditioner.

Maybe I need to clarify? Maybe I'm being heavy handed with product?

What type of hair do you have?  Fine or thin..etc.  I have a low porosity, fine, thin hair and I can't use their products.  My hair felt dry and greasy.  Ouch
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 27>
  Share Topic