Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extreme Coils: The 4c Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:42am
@Heavy, I never tried it. But I might, I heard pretty good reviews about it. 
Sponsored Links

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by CrunderNaccis CrunderNaccis wrote:

@Heavy @darlinnic

I just recently changed my reggie. After I found out that I was protein sensitive and I have low porosity hair. It pretty simple now. 

I wash with t gel neutrogena. I have serious dandruff and that's the only thing that works for me.

I only co wash on wash day, with design essential coconut milk

Dc with with Jessicurl, or Audrey Organics, or my banana baby food masque. I henna once a month

My leave in is Kinky curly knot today

Seal with avocado, grapeseed, and JBCO oils.  And I finish my LOC method with my shea mix

I recently put my hair in braids, and I spray my hair everyday with my water/oils/kinky curly leave in mix

how often do you co-wash?

i have found that kinky curly knot today is not that moisturizing for me.  i use darcy's botanicals leave in, but others may have others that work for them (or maybe kckt worked for them and they can say if they made any tweaks).

i love jbco and shea butter is awesome.

how much water do you drink daily?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

Hey, 4Cisters. I have some wash and go questions and I would appreciate your insight.

Do any of you do wash and go's? If so, are they cute in your opinion? Would love to know if you do it on wet, damp, or dry hair? In small or big sections? Which product gives you the best results? Do you put on any leave ins before the gel? Any oils or moisturizer after?

Thanks!

anyone??  Ouch
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 5:54pm
4C hair type is really not wash and go friendly IMO
I would never dare. Hayle naw.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 6:00pm
Anyway, where is teendiva?

I have a lil update on my hair. I'll try to take some pics later to add.
It's now 16 months since I have been completely natural and I love
It. I understand my hair sooo much better now. I know what she likes and what she needs, and my regiment is super easy and I am retaining length well.

My biggest tip for our kind of hair is to keep porosity in check. I hate that my hair is porous, I really do, but ACV really helps and I am never without it. I kee
My hair stretched 100% of the time and I oil my scalp every other day to nourish my folicles.
I hope to be shoulder length all over my head by next summer.
jasijou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote jasijou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 9:36am
Oh man...a whole thread on 4C hair and I get not one mention. I must do better. 
Has no one seen my YouTube page??

Aside from me. I believe Dawnyele was the only other regular poster on 4C hair. 
There's a few other popular vloggers who claim to have 4c, and while I'm not attached to this whole hair typing system...I don't think their hair is that coarse. 

GeriMUA recently started a YouTube, she also a blog http://geraldinethegreat.blogspot.com/
She has SUPER LONG 4C hair and I love following her on Instagram. It's the longest i have seen. 

Also I would recommend reading DarkerThanBrown's blog (www.darkerthanbrown.com) she goes into good detail about how she handles her 4C hair. 

I do mostly style videos and I wear my hair curly for the most part and during the winter time cause I have no time to deal with moisturizing my hair everyday and conditioning every 3 days, I make wigs that I wear. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 7:50am
@jasi, her hair is dope!  she is definitely a combination of all of the various type 4 hair types!  i will start reading her blog and watching her youtube.  thanks for the heads up!  i will also sub yours!

sera used to do vids a while ago, but i don't think she has posted for a long time now.

there are a lot of 4c heads on youtube - it's just that a lot of them started within the last year so they do not have loads and loads of subbies yet, but their vids are great!
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by jasijou jasijou wrote:

Your hair looks great!

Edited by yaya24 - Nov 25 2012 at 12:36pm
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:17pm
Jasijou I watched one of your vids and I think your channel is cute. I think I'll watch some more and sub

Thanks for the links your provided. Lovely hair she has.

I didn't get around to taking pics of my hair as yet because life is hectic, but I am going to deep condition tonight with heat for 20 mins. I recently died my hair back to black and I am loving how much healthier it looks since.
Since winter is here again, I may have to do my signature senegalese twists until next summer (God's will) I'm usually twisted up so I never get a chance to play in my hair, but most importantly, I only get to deep condition every 2 months since I keep them in for that long. I don't like that very much, but I do oil and moisturize my hair in between.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I will do my senegalese twists soon though as a protective style. I need to get optimum growth for my 2 yr mark next summer. Will try to take pics tonight.

Will try African Threading as a way to stretch my hair before the twists.

Tonight I will probably do Aphogee 2 min mixed with deep cond. under the cap for 20 mins with heat. My hair hates protein but I need it so...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:37pm
@derri, if you thread, please take pics and let us know about your experience.  i am thinking of doing this, but want to know if it really stretches hair beyond a braid out...and how much faster/slower it is.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 27>