Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Extreme breakage at the crown....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
buttercup89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttercup89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme breakage at the crown....
    Posted: Nov 29 2010 at 6:16pm
I've been dealing with terrible breakage at the crown of my head for about 6 months.  I've had it cut to camouflage it, but now it's almost to the point where I cant hide it unless I brush the hair at the front of my head back in order to hide it, and I'm afraid that soon that will stop working.  As soon as it begins to grow back, it breaks right back out.  I purchased aphogee 2 min keratin, and 2 step protein yesterday in hopes that they might halt the breakage.  I'm depressed about it and its getting to the point where I hate to get up and fix my hair in the morning.  Anyone have any ideas on what could alt the breakage and speed up the hair growth in that area?  I t would be greatly appreciated.Cry 
Sponsored Links

havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2010 at 7:46pm
you may have a hormonal issue if you have had no stress or chemical damage.

i would see a dermatologist just to be sure.

post this over in the growth section and hopefully miss claudie will see it and reply....she is the master of all things breakage related.
mandapanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandapanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 12:11am
i have the same problem! but mine was due to me being on birthcontrol... im tryin to grow it back along wit the rest of my hair by taking ultra nourishair n using my sulfur mix but it just seem like the crown part of my hair grows the slowest while everywhere else its growing like crazy...i dont know what do to
Cherie70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2010 at 11:38am
I have the same issue.  I just realized that I have alot of stress with school and running my business.  What i have done is use methods to reduce the stress and gradually it has grown back quite well but it is a slow process. I asked my other friends to see if they could suggest other methods but nothing comes close.  I have co wash my hair 2 times a month and prepo/shampoo my hair once a month. It has been growing so I guess the only thing now for me to do is have patience.  Something I am not use to.  But continue with the protien treatment, watch the heat and moisturize.  It will grow back.  I hope this helps you.
4bslbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4bslbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2010 at 11:57am
This has happened to me every year without fail since I was in high school.

After trying many things and altering my regimen over and over, I now believe it is an inflammatory auto -immune  disease called central centrifugal citracal alopecia.

Look it up, and if you think this is it, a dermatologist can give you a topical steriod cream or steriod shots to reduce the inflammation.

Essential oils (unless you are pregnant) can help, but also mixing cayenne pepper with emu oil (or any other oil) can be a good natural substitute. (Im currently trying this now) 

Allow the pepper/oil mix to "set" 10-14 days and use it on your scalp. Cayenne pepper has a substance in it that helps with hair growth and also is anti inflammatory.

I sure hope this helps:)
Nubialady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubialady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2010 at 5:10pm
I agree it can be hormonal. After I had my first child I had a lot of hair breakage. See a Dermatologist if possible. 
buttercup89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttercup89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2010 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by femmemuscle femmemuscle wrote:

Originally posted by 4bslbound 4bslbound wrote:

This has happened to me every year without fail since I was in high school.

After trying many things and altering my regimen over and over, I now believe it is an inflammatory auto -immune  disease called central centrifugal citracal alopecia.

Look it up, and if you think this is it, a dermatologist can give you a topical steriod cream or steriod shots to reduce the inflammation.

Essential oils (unless you are pregnant) can help, but also mixing cayenne pepper with emu oil (or any other oil) can be a good natural substitute. (Im currently trying this now) 

Allow the pepper/oil mix to "set" 10-14 days and use it on your scalp. Cayenne pepper has a substance in it that helps with hair growth and also is anti inflammatory.

I sure hope this helps:)

this is interesting. finally, a name for it!Embarrassed  Thanks!

I read about this in ESSENCE magazine, and I truly think this is what it is.  Im going to see a dermatologist and try your peppermint oil tip.  Thanks for all of the info and everyone's responses!
OhHeyJeannette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhHeyJeannette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2012 at 12:08am
Depending on how old you are it could be androgenetic alopecia aka female pattern baldness.  It's something i'm going through and it sucks.
kathytwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathytwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2012 at 9:52pm
I have the same problem as well , tried many product.
coverly70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coverly70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:56am
I have the same problem..but mine come from chemicals. Any good advice would be greatly appreciated.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>