FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Expect the unexpected

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456

Author
tru_blu09 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tru_blu09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2009 at 10:47pm
whoa this came out of the graveyard!!!
Sponsored Links

OnMyJourney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnMyJourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2009 at 10:49pm
Someone's been reading through the Natural Hair 101 thread. WinkThumbs%20Up
finables View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finables Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2009 at 11:29am
Hey all! I'm bumping this because I'm a newbie and posted a really silly rant that this thread really helped with!

Thanks everyone for your knowledge and experiences!
OnMyJourney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnMyJourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2009 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by finables finables wrote:

Hey all! I'm bumping this because I'm a newbie and posted a really silly rant that this thread really helped with!

Thanks everyone for your knowledge and experiences!

Hug Natural hair is about the journey, learning yourself and your hair. It requires patience and research. The fact that you are taking the time to read through these threads and put in the leg work tells me that you'll be just fine. Congratulations on your decision and have a beautiful journey.
Heart

Edited by OnMyJourney - Oct 10 2009 at 1:15pm
sankofa99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sankofa99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2010 at 3:27pm
Great thread!  I just read all five pages.  I must say, the thing about Scab hair (which I'd never heard of before) makes so much sense.  I was just discussing with a friend how surprised we are at the texture of our hair, because before, with new growth, it seemed to dry, nappy, and ugly....but since going natural (I hadn't had a perm for like 5 months before I BC'ed) we discovered that underneath all that "new growth" mess was beautiful hair!  I agree with the post whoever said that it tricks us into continuing to relax.  I know it kept me relaxing for years....
Mishar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2010 at 4:08pm
San, that is so true. My moms and sis deal with the scab hair. I am still trying to convince them to go natural. It will take time.
Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Carib_n_curly Carib_n_curly wrote:

DO NOT look at other naturals hair and expect your hair will look like that or your hair can do that.

there are many things my hair just can't do and you have to find what works for your texture.
i can't hold twist in my hair for very long and my hair usually looks like i'm homeless after a few days of wearing twist and other naturals can wear twist for a full a week and their hair looks super neat.
it's just something my hair doesn't do very well but there are other things it does better.

Oh sooo true!
I've drooling over other peoples hair, complaining about my "slow" growth, when the reality is that my hair is doing very well...
Two strands twist do not work for me, I always end out with a matted mess Cry
Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by tru_blu09 tru_blu09 wrote:

whoa this came out of the graveyard!!!

We all need to start somewhere... I'm starting from the beginning
FOUR YEARS LATER LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair