FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Expect the unexpected

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
OnMyJourney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnMyJourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 2:12pm
As many of you know I've been transitioning since May of 08 so I'm in my 8th month and I've learned so much as I go along. It very much is about listening to your hair. You have to pay close attention to how it reacts to what you put in it. Take notes and then refer back to them or take pictures and compare the two to if you can't readily tell a difference when trying different products.

I've found that my hair does love and need protein. I had initially bought into the whole, "it needed protein when relaxed, but not natural" thing. I think the one thing we've all learned is that having natural hair is not a "one size fits all" kind of experience....but that's the joy of it! Big%20smile

Originally posted by Carib_n_curly Carib_n_curly wrote:

DO NOT look at other naturals hair and expect your hair will look like that or your hair can do that.

there are many things my hair just can't do and you have to find what works for your texture.
i can't hold twist in my hair for very long and my hair usually looks like i'm homeless after a few days of wearing twist and other naturals can wear twist for a full a week and their hair looks super neat.
it's just something my hair doesn't do very well but there are other things it does better.

I laughed so hard when I read the underlined part, girl you know you crazy! LOL I feel you though, that's how my daughter's hair is. LOL

Sponsored Links

tru_blu09 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tru_blu09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 5:40pm
your back! hows your hair & everything^^^
Carib_n_curly View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carib_n_curly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 5:47pm
another one is thinking that when you become natural everyday is going to be inspiring, rousing, popping curls, i feel great,i'm natural woot woot!... NO i've been natural my whole life and i will tell you it gets boring.
   life gets boring hair gets annoying sometimes you want to do something to be different and just don't sometimes you need to ignore your self and try and remember your long term goal or get on with non-hair related life. if something was meant to be exciting or rousing every single time it's probably a drug or something life Threatening like white water rafting

don't mean to rain on everyones parade but how realistic is it expecting your hair to be exciting and Interesting every day eh?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnMyJourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 6:11pm
One thing I found surprising was how much our (mine and my daughter's) hair LOVES water. I used to say do NOT put anything with a wet consistency in her hair!!! But now I see just how wrong I was! Embarrassed

Originally posted by tru_blu09 tru_blu09 wrote:

your back! hows your hair & everything^^^

Hey chica! Hug The hair and everything is good! I'm still hanging in there and  loving the journey!
tru_blu09 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tru_blu09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 7:34pm
everyone was missing your posts!!! are u measuring your length or cutting your relaxed ends
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnMyJourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by tru_blu09 tru_blu09 wrote:

everyone was missing your posts!!! are u measuring your length or cutting your relaxed ends

Aww, thanks chica. I've been missing you all as well. I'm not "technically" measuring, but I'm "eyeballing".  I should take some pics, but I'm so freaking lazy!! Haven't cut any length yet. I had initially decided to just wait and do all the cutting at once in October...but you know me. I'm getting the "itch" to snip! LOL

As not to hijack this thread, I'll add (lol) that I agree with Bunnie's point about textures. I didn't know before BHM that a person could have more than one texture on their head and didn't realize that I (specifically) had more than one texture on my own head until I began my transition. 

This journey is teaching me sooo much!

Edited by OnMyJourney - Jan 17 2009 at 9:07pm
emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emih19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 2:06am
bumping this up cus its a great thread

i just want to say. keep it simple and then you can start listening to your hair.
if you keep changing products everytime will not know what works you.

steam method..i love this method so much! this makes my ng so manageable and you can do it on a low budget.
just wrap your hair with a plastic having conditioner/ deep conditioner your hair.
put a hot t-shirt or towel over your head.
then another plastic bag and leave it for 30 min.
then do your usual routine to wash the conditioner out.
believe me.....HEAVEN.
i do this every other week and im always amazed

tender scalps....i have this and when i massage my scalp too much it can feel sore after many tries. its okey to have this. you dont have to massage everyday . just do what works for you

natural products...use more natural products possible. you'll see many benefits , better results and its cheaper
Smiles-n-Styles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles-n-Styles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2009 at 10:50am
This is a great thread. I am fairly new to the natural scene. BC almost three months ago. I been trying to find the right products for me. I have to admit I been one of those people that have to try everything that someone suggest. My hair gets sooooo dry and I have trying everything. Plus I been experiencing shedding. I thought I needed more protein so I added protein. The shedding didn't stop. So I tried to up my moisture. Still shedding. So now I just think maybe I just need a trim. But I am learning that what works for someone else doesn't always work for me.  I just want to detangle without seeing curlies in my denman. or curlies all over my hand when I put my fingers in wet.
BunnieHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnieHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2009 at 11:21am
OMJHug...missed you girlie!!!

Emih, you are so right about keeping it simple.  I think most will find that to be the case after the experimenting gets oldLOL.

Smiles, shedding is going to occur because it's a natural process.  If your hair is not thinning and you are not experiencing breakage, then you are good to go.  If this is not the case, please tell us about the products you use and regimen.
BunnieHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnieHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2009 at 11:27am
Leave it alone: you have your moisture/protein balance on track and decide to use a new product or technique.  Your hair doesn't respond as you would like.  I used to think that the use of a new product threw my balance off and then I would clarify, mild protein dc, moisterizing dc.  Hair still did not act right. I would then co-wash every other day because I thought I had a protein overload.

By the 3rd co-wash, I would get exhausted, so I started twisting my hair.  Just moisterized and sealed and covered at night.  My hair started acting right.

I am not saying that this is the answer for all problems, but sometimes it is when you do something different to your hair...just do nothing by leaving it alone.  Sometimes, we overanalyze and cause more problems.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>