BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eX-man Producer Goes on Racist Rant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eX-man Producer Goes on Racist Rant
    Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 6:16pm

'X-Men' Producer Goes On Racist Facebook Rant

Former "X-Men" producer John Palermo took to Facebook going on a racist rant recently, attacking everyone from Julie Chen to Kanye West.
The Hollywood Reporter first reported the story, noting Palermo left his position at Fox more than a year ago after his contract ended.

Here are some of the postings that appeared on his Facebook page that has since been taken down. Warning, the following may offend some readers.

About Anderson Cooper attending his boyfriend's bar:

#SmellsLikeLubeAndHIV.

On Kanye West and Kim Kardashian moving into a home in Bel-Air:

"There goes the neighborhood!!! It looks like a Poor Persian Palace, where's Kris Jenner when you need her?! #MoneyCantBuyADumbN----Class."

Regarding Julie Chen's reveal about cosmetic surgery on her eyes:

"Now that her eyes are finally open, she should leave Monster Moonves."

Industry colleagues have speculated that Palermo, who left his Fox lot perch after his contract expired more than a year ago, has flamed out. Reached for comment, Palermo, who says he's "taking a bit of a sabbatical" (his last major credit was Drive), insists he's having a breakthrough, not a breakdown.

Surprisingly, he tells THR that his statements -- which were interspersed with bleeding-heart liberal postings and call-outs to great red-carpet style moments -- actually are meant to tweak Hollywood's own ingrained racism. "Maybe people [who take offense] will look in the mirror and say, ‘When was the last time I called Les Moonves and asked for an African-American to play opposite me?' " Ermm

Of course, if shock value is what Palermo was after in his seemingly quixotic quest to promote dialogue, most seem to have missed his intent. For his part, he doesn't seem to mind. "I stopped caring about what Hollywood thinks of me years ago," he said. "I've got nothing to lose, nothing to gain. I'm a bored dude, unemployed, sitting at home in the Valley. For me, some of the best ways to overcome serious issues is to laugh about them. Because then you truly understand where that ignorance is coming from."

Sponsored Links

GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 6:21pm
Some type of way
Make you feel some type of way!!!
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 6:23pm
Oh.
Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 7:21pm
public apology in 10,9,8,7...
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Some type of way
Make you feel some type of way!!!

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 8:45pm
So he's a bored angry racist bum.

This isn't someone my body is willing to raise its blood pressure over.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 9:10pm
I ain't even gon lie, I 'd at the ones about KimYe & JC.

If the one about Anderson had actually been funny, I would have laughed at that too.

And yesssss, I would have felt some type of way if he was talking about a mo, kneegrow, or chink I actually like.....but he wasn't. /crite shrug
MissinCali View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MissinCali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 11:22pm
we talk like that all the time on here .Confused
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 11:38pm

Gurhl!
Queenbeeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queenbeeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 2:49am
Originally posted by MissinCali MissinCali wrote:

we talk like that all the time on here .Confused

The difference is we are not a bunch of privileged white dudes with means to control public perception via the media. You think someone like that will hire a fair amount of black people on his films? Or make films that portray us in a good light?

Edited by Queenbeeach - Oct 10 2013 at 2:52am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>