Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Exercise illusion!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

Exercise illusion!

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream



Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 09 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 386332
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:57am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Assumes that people who make progress pics are faking pics,

Also assumes people make sacrifices aren't enjoying life

Shames one group over the other

I can see why his blog post might be popular.. But honestly, if you are committed to change and seeing personal improvement I doubt many would take pumped up pics just for Instagram

Lol but he used technics used by bodybuilders just before going on stage i.e tanning and pumping up just before posing.

His post IMHO is very discouraging to a degree



that article was about marketing campaigns not the average person's weight loss journey
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Online
Points: 157540
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:59am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Assumes that people who make progress pics are faking pics,

Also assumes people make sacrifices aren't enjoying life

Shames one group over the other

I can see why his blog post might be popular.. But honestly, if you are committed to change and seeing personal improvement I doubt many would take pumped up pics just for Instagram

Lol but he used technics used by bodybuilders just before going on stage i.e tanning and pumping up just before posing.

His post IMHO is very discouraging to a degree



that article was about marketing campaigns not the average person's weight loss journey
That's what I gathered from it as well. He's not telling the average person not to exercise.
Back to Top
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 19 2008
Location: South London
Status: Offline
Points: 991220
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:05am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

The text in italics is more what I got out of it. he says this:
 

 Be inspired, but don't be disappointed if you don't see yourself the way you see those models. Being tricked into eating low-calorie diets and doing endless cardio is a recipe for fat gain, especially in the long term.


I don't agree with that neither.

Most program's etc tell you to cycle your diet and workouts. And you really do have to watch you eat and when

But he has a point.. To a degree. I doubt as a personal trainer he is telling people eat what you want
Back to Top
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 19 2008
Location: South London
Status: Offline
Points: 991220
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:10am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Assumes that people who make progress pics are faking pics,

Also assumes people make sacrifices aren't enjoying life

Shames one group over the other

I can see why his blog post might be popular.. But honestly, if you are committed to change and seeing personal improvement I doubt many would take pumped up pics just for Instagram

Lol but he used technics used by bodybuilders just before going on stage i.e tanning and pumping up just before posing.

His post IMHO is very discouraging to a degree



that article was about marketing campaigns not the average person's weight loss journey
cheers
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Online
Points: 157540
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:38am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

The text in italics is more what I got out of it. he says this:
 

 Be inspired, but don't be disappointed if you don't see yourself the way you see those models. Being tricked into eating low-calorie diets and doing endless cardio is a recipe for fat gain, especially in the long term.


I don't agree with that neither.

Most program's etc tell you to cycle your diet and workouts. And you really do have to watch you eat and when

But he has a point.. To a degree. I doubt as a personal trainer he is telling people eat what you want
I'm sure he's not telling his customers to eat double cheeseburgers and pizzas all the time, though. there is such a thing as common sense. He's talking about fad diets.
Back to Top
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 16 2008
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline
Points: 100134
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:47am
Thre no way

If so he needs to tell me how to make my abs pop like that in the same day

Edited by Addicted19034 - Aug 06 2013 at 5:47am
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Online
Points: 157540
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:52am
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Thre no way

If so he needs to tell me how to make my abs pop like that in the same day
He says it's an optical illusion made by the camera

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 06 2013 at 5:53am
Back to Top
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 24 2010
Location: Right Behind U
Status: Offline
Points: 18543
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 7:29am
Fckud up man...especially to those that actually work their asses off. I just posted a progress pic on my ig and this article pisses me off bc some ppl actually work hard to get in shape by exercising and changing their eating habits.

I have 0 respect for ppl that fake progress pix.
Back to Top
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 20 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 78173
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 8:09am
I imagine the progress pictures inspired by those home fitness sets have really undermined the personal training industry. I don't blame him. Those programs probably cut into his clientele. He doesn't want you in your living room; he wants you in the gym (so he can train you). He has a point, and I understand his motivation.

Edited by Limalady - Aug 06 2013 at 9:46am
Back to Top
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 12 2008
Location: CrackaIsland
Status: Offline
Points: 402657
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 8:27am
What kind of light bulbs he using
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down