Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Exercise/ fitness/body inspo thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 54>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.44  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 4:34pm
Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 4:37pm
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 4:41pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 4:49pm

Intermediate planks for those who cannot get on the floor

FRUGAL FIT TIP TUESDAY

I have a few older clients who can't get on the floor because it's hard them to get back up. I do these modified planks that are excellent for the core.
However, they have progressed past the above plank because they can hold this position for longer than a minute.  I will share with you some of the advanced planks I'm having them do.

Mountain climbers

Starting position: Make sure your elbows are aligned with your shoulders. Keep your body straight from your head to your glutes.  Press your ab to your spine and don't hold your breath.  

Bring your knee towards your elbow and return your foot to the starting position and repeat with the opposite leg. Start with 15 seconds and work your way up to performing mountain climbers for one minute.

In and out planks

Starting position: Remember to keep the elbows aligned with your shoulders.

Take your left or right leg out to the side and bring it back in and do the same thing with the opposite leg.  Your step does not have to be that wide; you want to keep your body in perfect alignment.  Start with doing this for 15 seconds and work your way up to one minute.

Twisting plank

Starting position: Keep your abs tight so you won't sag in the middle and drop your hip area to the floor.

Bring your left leg towards your right elbow and then your right leg towards your left elbow. Start with 15 seconds and then work your way up to one minute or longer.

These exercises are also good for doing outdoors on a bench, especially if do not want to get on the ground.  Here is the link to the first article in the plank series:http://thefrugalexerciser.blogspot.com/2012/09/planks-for-everyone.html
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:19pm

thefamilarstranger

SW:256

CW:145ish ( i don’t weigh myself often)

Honestly this journey has been so fullfilling. I’ve had my ups and many downs but I can almost say I’m compltely happy with my body. if i can do it anyone can <3

Blog:http://thefamilarstranger.tumblr.com/

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Jan 09 2013 at 5:20pm
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

ericames-cudi:    imsofitt:    Ugh want      one day    Weight loss blog! Lets do this together!!

Nope not playing around I start on Friday......want my legs back like thatCry I want that cut down the middle again
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:31pm
My back and my abs hurt.

So.

Much.

Fck these core workoutsCry
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:42pm

QUICK TIP: IT MAY BE TIME TO INCREASE YOUR DUMBBELL SIZE

You've stuck to your strength-training routine and have memorized every workout in your favorite exercise DVD. You've probably noticed changes in your body, including those uber-toned arms that you never thought you'd have. Now that you're getting stronger, here's a reminder that you may be ready to increase the weight of your dumbbells.

The right dumbbell weight for you will fatigue your muscles in eight to 12 reps — meaning you feel a burning sensation and feel like you can't lift your arm anymore. If you've been working out regularly, chances are your muscles have gotten stronger, so lifting the same weights that you used when you started strength training will be easier than it was when you started, and it will take longer for your muscles to fatigue.

So don't be afraid to step up your weights. You won't bulk up, but you will be able to work out more efficiently. If you're just starting out, here's a chart of typical dumbbell weights by exercise for beginners.

< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">

Edited by femmefatale85 - Jan 09 2013 at 5:43pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 6:02pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 6:20pm
i hate that she went blond
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 54>
  Share Topic