FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Examine Your Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Examine Your Thoughts
    Posted: Sep 15 2009 at 10:33am

Examine Your Thoughts 

by Dr. Larry Ollison    

"These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men." (Matthew 15:8-9)

Jesus said that out of the abundance of our heart our mouth speaks. Of course this is true, but we also see from Matthew 15:8 that it is possible to say something thatís not in your heart. Of course, ultimately, your heart will be shown through your words.

Words and observations enter through the realm of the soul. When words come into the mind, a decision must be made and the decision is this. You must decide whether to keep or reject the words that have just entered. If you accept them, they will eventually enter the heart and either strengthen the fear or strengthen the faith. Every thought you have either complements or contends with faith.

When Jesus was talking to His disciples about leaving in John 16:6 He said, "Because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart." Your heart can be sad or it can be happy. A great determination of whether you have a sad or happy heart is by whether you accept words of victory or words of defeat, words of light or words of darkness that enter into the realm of the soul.

When I was in high school, some of my friends and I would randomly pick out a student and each of us throughout the day while passing in the hall would tell him he looked like he didnít feel well. At first, they would reject it and say something like, "I donít feel bad." But after a few hours of several different people saying the same thing, the chosen student would be in the school clinic asking if they could go home because they didnít feel good.

What we did wasnít nice and I donít recommend for any young person reading this to do what I did. However, it does prove a principle. If you listen to a lie and allow it to enter your heart, you will eventually speak the lie yourself and act on it.

We may say things we donít believe, but if we continue to repeat the lies of the devil, these lies will embed themselves in our hearts. Then we will speak them and they will become reality.

As words enter your thought realm, keep the good and reject the bad. Examine every thought and determine its source. Anything that is not of God should be rejected. 

Sponsored Links

brown123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brown123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 7:09am
Hmmm, I trying to do this. I have a tendency to always think about the bad things. All the negative things someone have said to me over the years i just keep replaying it over and over in my head then i get depressed. But when i remember the good things i don't feel as bad. I try and forget the bad things i wish i could but it is my past and you can never really run from your past.
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by brown123 brown123 wrote:

Hmmm, I trying to do this. I have a tendency to always think about the bad things. All the negative things someone have said to me over the years i just keep replaying it over and over in my head then i get depressed. But when i remember the good things i don't feel as bad. I try and forget the bad things i wish i could but it is my past and you can never really run from your past.

Hi brown123, I'm studying a scripture right now based on this issue it's coming out of Phil 3:13,14 when Paul talks about forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things that are before....

These are some powerful words because people do tend to look back on their pasts and stay there but in all actuality there is notthing that can be done about what has happened in those times past (absolutely nothing so why stay there?). I enjoy reading this portion of scriptures because Paul is telling us that it is not beneficial to keep looking backwards because nothing can be done about the past but something can be done about the future and that's where I focus should be.

As you mentioned in your post, when you think of good things you don't feel so bad so that's the key, you must keep your mind focus on things that are positive, it takes practice but it can be done.

I will send you some things on this subject if you would like, just PM me to let me know.

Here's the scriptures that I mentioned above in it's entirety:

Philippians 3:13-14 (New King James Version)

13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

lolabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2009 at 12:23pm
I am learning to trust and listen to the word of God . God words strengthen me
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 9:38am
Originally posted by lolabelle lolabelle wrote:

I am learning to trust and listen to the word of God . God words strengthen me

That's right lolabelle, God's word is our strength and shield.
AmazingGrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmazingGrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 4:36pm
I need to remember that "life and death are in the power of the tongue" and not make negative proclamations about my life!
Visje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Visje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 7:48am
thanks
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 8:42am
Originally posted by AmazingGrace AmazingGrace wrote:

I need to remember that "life and death are in the power of the tongue" and not make negative proclamations about my life!

That's right AmazingGrace, and it's something that we have to practice doing, speaking life into our lives and not death and when we slip and say something that is negative we have to be quick to turn it around into something positive.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 11:54am
Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic