Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ew...i think this deserves some real loot..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ew...i think this deserves some real loot..
    Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:14am

Mom Breastfeeds Wrong Baby After Hospital Mix-Up

A snafu at a Minnesota hospital this week resulted in a mom breastfeeding the wrong baby, causing awkwardness and emotional distress for all involved.

The mistake occurred after a baby boy at Minneapolis' Abbott Northwestern Hospital was placed in the wrong bassinet in the nursery, ABC News reports.

Newborns at Hospital

As a precaution, the baby breastfed by the wrong mom was tested for HIV and hepatitis, and will receive the tests every three months for the next year.

The baby has so far tested negative for both diseases.

If a child is accidentally fed breast milk from a woman who is not his mother, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends HIV testing.

The CDC adds that the risk of HIV transmission through breast milk is small, and the virus is not known to spread through a single bout of breastfeeding.

Still, the CDC recommends women with HIV should not breastfeed their children. Neither hepatitis B nor C can be spread through breastfeeding.

The baby's mother,Tammy Van Dyke, told ABC she could not stop crying on the way home from the hospital because of the surprising event that transpired.

The incident also left the mother who was accidentally breastfeeding the baby distraught, as she had to wait before hospital staff found her own baby.

The hospital gave Van Dyke a letter expressing its sincerest apologies for the infant mix-up, and said it would pay for the baby's tests going forward.

HOW CAN YOU EVEN MITIGATE ALL OF THIS EMOTIONAL DISTRESS? YUCK.  Considering the accidental mother was probably tested for all of these diseases at some point in her pregnancy the chances of her being infected anyway are probably low...but this is still sickening.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Dec 10 2012 at 2:17am
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:19am
idk if i would go as far so to call it "sickening"
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:22am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

idk if i would go as far so to call it "sickening"

why not?  i think it's sickening to ingest any strangers bodily fluids.Dead
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:24am
Oh cool.
Nijjah25 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Nijjah25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:26am
naw its cool..if its no hard times or 3rd world countires..they do it all the time....
as long as they don't have anything..its good..

better than simalac
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:27am
sang froid, you remind me of this poster named niikelbagz.  i wish she would return to bhm but alas she will not.  she's still my bew though.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:28am
She on twitter somewhere.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:29am
i know.  i just miss her here.
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:33am
but ppl ingest the fluids of animals all the time.

and there are sites where moms who are lactating donate their milk to babies of moms who are not.

selma hayek (sp?) breast fed a starving baby in Africa once.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:36am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

but ppl ingest the fluids of animals all the time.

and there are sites where moms who are lactating donate their milk to babies of moms who are not.

selma hayek (sp?) breast fed a starving baby in Africa once.

but that's with the mother's consent...i can't believe that i'm the only one who would feel some kind of way about this.

the fluid of an animal is not the same as a human.  i'll eat an animal, i won't eat a human.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>