Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Everyone, let us commemorate 12/12/12!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 7:24am
01/01/01- In a club on the phone w/ sis at midnight b/c its her bday.
02/02/02- no ideas.
03/03/03-no idea
04- no idea
05/05/05- cinco de mayo was extra live that year. drunk eating burritos w/ the homies.
06/06/06- patiently waiting for the world to end-- didn't happen
07/07/07- watching the news to see all the couples that got married that day b/c they believed it would be good look. How'd that work for you Eva Longoria n Tony Parker
08/08/08-no idea
09/09/09- no idea
10/10/10- no idea
11/11/11- no idea...but i do remember reading some conspiracy theories about this date on this date b/c it was not only trips--- its a palindrome.
12/12/12- um nursing my tummyache- waiting to see my mom later..
Sponsored Links

Marmonette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmonette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:53am
I dont remember any of those dates. I am so unaware Disapprove

But I did just see this pic on my facebook wall.

made me giggle. LOL

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:59am
uh im here and im freezing... something is totally wrong when MY house is cold...
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:09am
I remember one of those in 4th grade.. Don't remember which one. I just recall mentioning it

And I remember 1/11/11 as well as 11/11/11 because my friends and I had been seeing 1's and 11's everywhere.. Whenever we'd look at the time, if we had to go to an address, it would be 111 park st.
Prices of things.. Like just constantly.. It was odd. So we thought that something awful or great would happen on that date. I made sure spend like 20 on lotto tickets.. But nothing really happened

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:24am
8/8/88 - I was in the third grade.  My teacher gave us this speech about what are we going to do with this special day.  I didn't figure out what he was talking about until I got home and asked my parents.

9/9/99 - I was working at a rural hospital as my first real post high school job.  Saw too much too young and loved (almost) every minute of it.

1/1/01 - Still at that hospital.  Was living in my first apartment broke as hell but would never admit to my parents that I needed help.  I swear I used to get so hungry I would just go to sleep because I didn't know what else to do.  

2/2/02 - Life was getting better.  I was working on prerequisites for nursing school and would enter that fall.  I smoked a LOT.  The stress of trying to come up!

3/3/03 - I had met and fell in love with my now husband.  We were only 5 months into our relationship and spent literally every waking moment we weren't working together.  We would soon move in together in a different town and I'd start working for a larger hospital.

4/4/04 - Had withdrawn from nursing school and pretty much life.  I was supposed to be getting married but my sister had recently killed herself and I was numb, numb, numb.  I don't think I did anything but ache.

5/5/05 - It was my 24th birthday!  But no drinks and celebrating because I was nursing my not quite two-month old baby boy.  I was lil miss do everything.  Had tons of energy and my body bounced back and all that.  What I would do for my 24 -year-old self back!  Wait..... I think we were still pretty broke but we didn't know it.  Now I'd know it and be like hell naw, gimme those 20lbs and that bank roll lol

6/6/06 - I was working at the same hospital and honestly the only thing I remember was all the excitement for the 666 baby.  I was like Confused  I think I would have been induced the day before or something.

7/7/7 - Was home with severe postpartum that was largely missed due to isolation.  My second son was 2 1/2 months old and a perfect baby.  He was so beautiful!  There would be an intervention at the end of the month.  God bless new moms.  That was a living hell at a beautiful time.  Such an oxymoron. 

8/8/08 - Finally decided to go back to nursing school but the requirements changed so I had more work to do.  I remember I applied for a scholarship and prayed that if it was His will for me to go back, to show me by granting me the scholarship.  I got it and never looked back.

9/9/09 - Working from home now for the same hospital.  Taking classes at night and online, however I could get them done.  Only one a quarter because I still had three kids a job and a husband.  I had to redo all my biological sciences because they were outdated.  

10/10/10 - Hubby and I were recently laid off.  We had NO JOBS!!  Neither of us.  But God saw us through.  No welfare for married negroes who don't know how the system works.  Just the food bank, family and love.  That was the hardest time.

11/11/11 - Veterans Day and the anniversary of my sister's funeral.  I was almost done with LPN school - exactly one month from graduation.  

12/12/12 - Feels like our lives have finally been put back together.  We aren't where we were but hubby got his barbering license while he was laid off and now cuts hair and works a couple days a week at the hospital that I went back to after getting my nursing license.  I just found out I got accepted into the LPN-RN program that starts in January.  The kids are amazing, happy and too curious - now 14, 7 and 5.  They're heavily into sports and run me ragged (in a good way).  We're in a good place.  Not ultimately where we want to be but been through enough to know we're blessed.
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:28am
Thatgurld you seem so humble
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:31am
Originally posted by iSMILE13 iSMILE13 wrote:

Thatgurld you seem so humble

Giiiiiiirl, you read all that!!! Hug  The thread got me thinking about life.  It will definitely humble you.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:38am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

12/12/2012 at 12:12 ......I posted on BHM

I made curry chicken, oxtail, and rice and beans. DId my hair. Got to go and pick my family and friends from the airport. Cleaned up my house. Admired my loubie nails. 
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:40am
idk about any of those dates
12/12/12 - ordered my new tablet. making a decision on my bday plans for 12/26, sitting at work lollygagging, make reservation to go see mom for xmas.,
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:42am
Bday!!Party
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System