Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Ever been to white church?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by KinksnWinks KinksnWinks wrote:

I have been not only are they not fun but you don't feel anything spiritual either it all seemed ritualistic or that it was just done religiously they were a Presbyterian church and a Protestant church...... Not to say that white pastors or preacher are the problem I went to a very diverse church in Washington state and I've actually learned alot spiritually from his church and congregation.... And their music was mix of rock, pop and hip hop it was interesting at first

To say this I don't really do baptist or all black churches either

It doesn't really matter what nationality the head pastor is but I've always felt at home in diverse Congregrations I feel like the guard is down

I hate where I'm at now I haven't found a church home that feels like home

That's my situation as well. I tried a few when I came back to Montreal but I either felt they were crazy or uninspiring, whether they were black, white or mixed. I'm not trying to become a Christian fundamentalist, nor am I trying to get off my behind every Sunday and go to church to be bored and uninspired.
Sponsored Links

CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Yes. White church is quick, but they don't feed you.

Black church, you gon be there all damn day but that meal they serve afterwards will make it worthwile.

At least that's how it was back when I went to church semi regularly.
lol...this is so damn trueLOL...
KinksnWinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinksnWinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by KinksnWinks KinksnWinks wrote:

I have been not only are they not fun but you don't feel anything spiritual either it all seemed ritualistic or that it was just done religiously they were a Presbyterian church and a Protestant church...... Not to say that white pastors or preacher are the problem I went to a very diverse church in Washington state and I've actually learned alot spiritually from his church and congregation.... And their music was mix of rock, pop and hip hop it was interesting at first

To say this I don't really do baptist or all black churches either

It doesn't really matter what nationality the head pastor is but I've always felt at home in diverse Congregrations I feel like the guard is down

I hate where I'm at now I haven't found a church home that feels like home

That's my situation as well. I tried a few when I came back to Montreal but I either felt they were crazy or uninspiring, whether they were black, white or mixed. I'm not trying to become a Christian fundamentalist, nor am I trying to get off my behind every Sunday and go to church to be bored and uninspired.

that's my problem...and i'm in the south, they are either extremists, or don't really follow the bible....the one church I did find...the pastor and co pastors were very knowledgeable in the bible and Hebrew, and the congregation was diverse not just racially but socially and economically as well......and they had really great programs for the community. and it felt like family

but the pastor felt opportunistic, like he was trying to become a major pastor instead just letting it come to him, although the word would be good some days, I just could never feel comfortable, plus it was an hr and 10min drive away

I'm lost now because I feel like I'm not being sharpened spiritually, although my husband believes he isn't their yet, and my friends that I did have spiritually, are either deployed or at a different duty station
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I've been to white churches twice, but the music threw me off and made it less enjoyable for me both times.

They sing the most boring, dry songs with no soul ever imaginable.

I'm not speaking about all white churches, just the two I visited.

have you been to cfmiami?
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I went to catholic school so the service is very familiar and a bit nostalgic so I still enjoy it, even all white, on the rare occasion when I go to a mass and you can count on it ending in approx 30 minutes

I've been to quite a few white non-catholic churches and for the most part they are drrrry, sometimes the sermon itself is the only good part

black churches in my experiences are usually an all around great experience despite being much longer

rickysrose pretty much summarized my experience here.  

I loved the fact that the service was sort but very boring and repetitive
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 10:36pm
I've never been to one before.

I've never even seen a white person in church that wasn't on tv

Edited by jonesable - Jun 22 2013 at 10:37pm
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 10:38pm
yes, when i was younger and my family first moved to the south.

i remember them sayin' slick shyt about my mom having 4 kids and my dad not attending service

and also we were the only black ppl at the church...the only other minorites were some chinese immigrant families.

we eventually left and moved to an all-black church.

i usually don't go to church, but the few times i do I prefer to go to an all-black church. something about the general atmosphere puts me at ease moreso than an all-white/mostly-white church.
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 11:59pm
One a couple of times in Texas and once here in MS. The one in Texas was a non-denominational type church and it was fun. The one here...LOL It was a Methodist church and I was only there to sing for my school's choir. The pastor was ecstatic to have us but the congregation looked unnerved by our families (half black) in the pews. I remember being mad we got out a 9:00 am versus 1:00 pm... I wouldn't even be awake at 9:00 in the morning to get ready for my church! LOL
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 3:19am
Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I've been to white churches twice, but the music threw me off and made it less enjoyable for me both times.

They sing the most boring, dry songs with no soul ever imaginable.

I'm not speaking about all white churches, just the two I visited.

have you been to cfmiami?

No. I've only been to predominantly black churches in Miami.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 3:48am
i can't the difference between a white church and a funeral tbh
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>