Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Ever Been Fired?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by melly melly wrote:

I wish we had more of a litigious culture here in Canada. I've been pissed off for several weeks now and I so wish I could have sued and prevailed. I'm so sick of crackas.

Do you live in montreal? People here are really racist. If you don't have a french name or your a non white its really hard in the workplace

Yes, I do live in Montreal. Biggest mistake of my life was coming back here. And I do have a French name. It don't matter none once they see my black face, though. I don't know what your specific situation is but if you're a student and you're planning for your future, once you graduate, leave Quebec and never look back. I was gone but then I came back to be close to my aging parents and that's when all the bullshyt started. I thought my experience would shield me but it didn't.

You're right about that so much people move from quebec because of racism/ language discrimination .I graduated from concordia last year and I do plan on moving from quebec because I 've been having a hard time finding a job . I want to move but I want to save up a lot of money before I move and I want to move to the right city/ province.
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 8:41pm

I wish we had more of a litigious culture here in Canada. I've been pissed off for several weeks now and I so wish I could have sued and prevailed. I'm so sick of crackas.

Do you live in montreal? People here are really racist. If you don't have a french name or your a non white its really hard in the workplace

Yes, I do live in Montreal. Biggest mistake of my life was coming back here. And I do have a French name. It don't matter none once they see my black face, though. I don't know what your specific situation is but if you're a student and you're planning for your future, once you graduate, leave Quebec and never look back. I was gone but then I came back to be close to my aging parents and that's when all the bullshyt started. I thought my experience would shield me but it didn't.

You're right about that so much people move from quebec because of racism/ language discrimination .I graduated from concordia last year and I do plan on moving from quebec because I 've been having a hard time finding a job . I want to move but I want to save up a lot of money before I move and I want to move to the right city/ province.

Lol, we went to the same school. My advice to you is not to wait too long. The more you wait, the less valuable your diploma becomes. This is especially true for certain fields. I know it's hard to move away from what you know and start anew, but it will only benefit you in the long run. Quebec is extremely racist and backwards and you will encounter a lot of hardship here, no matter how talented you are. My career was doing well when I was in Toronto. So much so that I let my guard down. I figured that with the experience I accumulated, things would get easier for me in Montreal than when I left. Big mistake. These people want their workplaces lily white and preferably French Canadian. I cannot tell you the amount of shyt that I went through here. I have 2 siblings that are university educated and we all left this god forsaken province to start our careers. All of us have had ugly experiences while interviewing. Trust me, leave. You'll have better luck in English Canada if you work hard and if you're driven. And if you're bilingual, it will go a long way. Don't waste your time here, you'll end up depressed for no reason. I'm sure you have a lot to offer.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - May 03 2013 at 8:42pm
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

YES! 

I was unfairly dismissed from a job.  My manager and I fought constantly and I knew 6 months ahead of time he was going to recommend my dismissal (he had no power to fire me and I told him so).  They totally fukked up the dismissal process, didn't give me sufficient notice and started making shyt up all through it to show I was a bad worker that didn't amount to a hill of beans.

So...what happened?

I sued.

The first judge ordered a labor injunction, which meant, whether they made me show up to work or not, they had to pay me my regular full salary (PLUS TRANSPORTATION).

They didn't want me in the office, afraid others might do the same, so I ended up sitting on my ass for 2 years collecting paychecks I didn't have to work for (I got bored of that after 2 weeks into it and found another job). 

When it came time to settle, they paid me an additional 6 months salary.

1 year later, they went bankrupt.  The CEO is now in jail for 3 years for fraud, embezzlement and a couple of other corporate crimes.

Awesome story!! ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 3:04am
My sophomore year of college I worked at Banana Republic. There was a manager there who didn't like me. She would smile in my face but make fun of my hair (I was natural at the time) to all our other coworkers. A month after I was hired she said a customer made a complaint that I was rude and didn't smile at them and my consequence was that my hours would get cut. I was only working like 17 a week but she cut them down to 6, and then eventually I was getting 0 but was still on the schedule. I went above her to the district manager and told her what was going on but nothing happened so I just stopped showing up to check the schedule.

Edited by morenaloca - May 04 2013 at 3:04am
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 12:24pm

To have a job in toronto, do I have to be biligual? Because I'm not bilingual.

Lol, we went to the same school. My advice to you is not to wait too long. The more you wait, the less valuable your diploma becomes. This is especially true for certain fields. I know it's hard to move away from what you know and start anew, but it will only benefit you in the long run. Quebec is extremely racist and backwards and you will encounter a lot of hardship here, no matter how talented you are. My career was doing well when I was in Toronto. So much so that I let my guard down. I figured that with the experience I accumulated, things would get easier for me in Montreal than when I left. Big mistake. These people want their workplaces lily white and preferably French Canadian. I cannot tell you the amount of shyt that I went through here. I have 2 siblings that are university educated and we all left this god forsaken province to start our careers. All of us have had ugly experiences while interviewing. Trust me, leave. You'll have better luck in English Canada if you work hard and if you're driven. And if you're bilingual, it will go a long way. Don't waste your time here, you'll end up depressed for no reason. I'm sure you have a lot to offer.

smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 7:20am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Never... I shuck and jive with no shame.... I see it as playing the game.. they're playing the game too so whatever....
been promoted in every job I had, and my bills get paid....

i dont get how black ppl can say this shyt with no shame...smh.

sh*t....when you bills to pay, you do what you have to do to make money

You can pay your bills without shucking and jiving, many people do.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic