BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EVCO vs EVOO and grapeseed oil

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
LFdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LFdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EVCO vs EVOO and grapeseed oil
    Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 3:21pm
So I want to change my regimen up a bit and start using EVCO instead of EVOO because EVCO gives your hair more shine which is what I want. I want to be more of a straight natural until my hair grows out and I'm comfy with the length. I also want to incorporate grapeseed oil but not sure how? I wan thinking maybe grapseed oil on the length of my hair and EVCO on the tips and my scalp?? How do you use your oils??
Sponsored Links

KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 4:39pm
Coconut oil is good for the hair shaft as it penetrates it. Aids in the prevention of split ends and like you already said adds a nice shine or sheen.
Grapeseed oil is a ceramide which according to many gives a lovely shine and keeps the fibre bonds in your hair together.
I would say use coconut oil for the ends and grapeseed oil for your overall hair.
Also if you experience dryness try the LOC (liquid,oil,cream) method including these oils with your leave in or water/oil mix and creamy moisturiser.
HTH
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 8:13pm
I mix them all. I figure it cannot hurt, and for my hair it doesnt.
It sounds like you are wearing your hair down. For that I would select
grapeseed oil because it is the lightest, and the truth. Coconut
is an option for the ends but note since it penetrates your hair will
look "watery" "stringy" after a week 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 9:09am
The Olive oil and Coconut oil both penetrate the hair shaft, because of this they do not leave your hair feeling oily hours after applying them. These oils also strengthen the hair shaft. They also have smoothing properties which help to cut down on frizz. So keep them in your regimen and apply to your scalp and hair. The grapeseed oil makes your hair feel sooooo soft and it also adds amazing sheen. This oil has the highest number of antioxidants in it than the other two oils, because it is full of Vitamin E. So you have three very super oils you are using. I will say with grapeseed oil that I can feel it on my hair, meaning when I touch my hair it transfers a lot that is the only negative thing about this oil and that is not really negative, I just have to remember to keep my hands out of my hair. I suggest mixing these oils together using 1/2 cup of each oil and applying to your hair daily. First try it in a small amount for example mix 1 tablespoon of each oil and try it out on your hair. Since you are wearing your hair straight it may be to oily for you. If so, then just alternate days of using each oil by itself, this is what I do. I only apply my oils in their full strength by themselves. Have fun oils are so great for your hair and can transform it if used correctly and consistently.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 12:56pm
i oils all the same the last step in the loc method i start applying it to the ends all the way to the roots. grapeseed oil is my favorite now make my hair so soft.
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 12:14am
i just mix mines together, coconut oil works great with my deep conditioner as well
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 7:10am
ive only been using grapeseed oil for a couple of weeks but so far my hair loves it.  its the only oil ive tried so far that my hair just soaks up. 

LFdiva,  what i would probably do in your case is use grapeseed oil before/after washing before applying heat and the EVCO for maintenance of the straight styles.
BISFORBRIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BISFORBRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 10:44am
I use grapeseed oil because it makes my hair feel softer. 
Coconut oil made my hair feel...weird? But I have used it as a deep conditioner before washing it out and it worked better that way. For me anyway.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 11:31am
Going to try grapeseed oil as well, heard good stuff about it.

@BISFORBRIT I had the same problem with coconut oil, made my hair feel less as smooth... can't explain it either,lol... guess it has to do with the melting point and room temperature of the way it made my hair feel.
BISFORBRIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BISFORBRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2013 at 10:24am
Yea, that's why I think it works better as a deep conditioner with heat.

I do use it in my shea butter mixture though...with grapeseed oil lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System