Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedEtaes Carmelux Product Review (Long)

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
latamoni View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Etaes Carmelux Product Review (Long)
    Posted: Mar 28 2009 at 7:59pm

OK I was one of the ladies who used E'tae's carmel treatment when i first started transitioning about a year ago and found out through BHM that she discontinued the carmel treatment and replaced it with the Carmelux Line that includes a shampoo, conditioner and a hair gloss.  I was a little hesitant to purchase all three mainly because I felt it to be too pricey at a time when i could only find a product review from its creator of which i consider it to be biased. Anyway the pj in me could not resist the opportunity to try it for my bday which is today Smile so here is my review....

E'tae Carmelux Deep Moisturizing Conditioner
Price: $18.99 plus tax for a little bottle...(Net WT. 4oz.  or 120ML)
The price was a little high for such a very very small amount. Those who have hair down their back would probably soak half the bottle up in one use.

Smell: The smell was not pleasing to me at all. It smelled like ammonia!! it was just horrible and too strong.

Texture: It has a white with a creamy/GRITTY feel to it. This made me a little leary but nonetheless i proceeded.

Application: As I applied it to my freshly washed hair (used KeraCare Detangling shampoo) It looked like i had not applied anything. The  conditioner completly dissolved as soon as it touched my hair so I thought... I didn't like this because I like to see and FEEL the conditioner on my hair and I just didn't get that from this one. Once I applied conditioner by sections, I covered with a plastic cap and proceeded to sit under a hooded dryer for a total of 25 minutes. "WARNING" the instructions on the bottle just simply say apply to wet hair and let sit for 30 seconds...I didn't follow the directions here but i figured if this is made up of mostly natural products it should do any harm to my hair...

Results: I took the plastic cap off and my hair was hard and dry. I made sure that I rinsed my hair thouroughly to make sure I got all the conditioner out and when I looked in the mirror....It looked like somebody sprinkle uncooked grits in my hair!!!!!!!!Angry The product must have dried up on my hair while sitting under the dryer.....I knew something like this would happen when I first felt the texture of the conditioner. It was so much that I could not overlook it. I had to rewash my hair all over again. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!

My Hair Now: Since I had to rewash and re-condition(without heat this time) using KeraCare shampoo & conditioner, I can not give E'tae Carmelux credit for making my hair feel soft...KeraCare always did that for me.

The bottom line is that I will NEVER purchase this product again. I don't even want to finish the bottle. I think it's overpriced and doesn't come close to the products I currently use ...KeraCare & Silk elements. I'm just happy I didn't purchase the shampoo and hair gloss.

If I could sum all of this up and describe E'tae's Carmelux Conditioner I would call it Gritty Stankelux Conditioner !!

has anybody else tried this????
Sponsored Links

slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2009 at 8:43pm
wow I hadn't heard of this but way too pricey for something you can not only make yourself but will leave residue in your hair. i think regardless of 30 seconds vs. 30 minutes it would have left grit...

mentioning 30 seconds...how was it supposed to do anything to your hair in such a short amount of time? smells fishy....
cmoniquew View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2009 at 12:37am
hmm, I wonder why they changed, the caramel treatment really worked and even though you could make it yourself I'm sure some people would rather have the convenience and to replace it with something that doesnt work Confused
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2009 at 8:18am
Happy Belated Birthday!!!  Good review.  High price for little product, nasty smell, "grits", and it makes your hair hard?  I am running far away from it.  I like the caramel treatments but I make my own.
latamoni View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2009 at 9:13am

Thanks Babelipsss!!

Slayfresh i thought the same thing when i saw 30 seconds...I guess this is what happens when you don't control the PJ in you....I knew i should have not bought it but oh well...another one bites the dust

Cmoniquew i think she wanted to make more money on this and just got greedy...
samanthajones67 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 10:08pm
Interesting - thanks for posting!! I keep reading that the entire system must be used together...

Do you have the bottle?
Coiuld you share the ingredients with us???
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic