Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Twists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedErena Hair for Baby Curl Twists?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
voxiburchenau View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Erena Hair for Baby Curl Twists?
    Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 1:57pm
I'm having baby curl twist extensions done at KK this week and it's too late to order hair through them so thanks to this forum I'll walk into Erena in BKLYN. I want a texture similar if not identical to KK's baby curl twist which I've used on and off for years. I've seen posts on Erena's jerri and natural curl textures, any recs on which is the closest match? I'd like a soft natural look.

Thanks! 
Sponsored Links

soyini53 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 3:30pm
I like the Jheri Curl hair from Erena much better than the Baby curl twists from Khamit.  Erena is a much softer curl, plus you can get longer lengths.
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 3:46pm

Edited by Lilnicka4u2nv - Feb 04 2010 at 3:47pm
unicque24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 12:13pm
Do you have any pics of your hair in the baby curl twists voxiburchenau ? I am interested in this style, but I've only seen the pics they have on their website.. not anyone else.
And, does your hair have to be a certain length to achieve this? My natural hair is about 6-7 inches long.. not sure if it's too long to be used with these twists.

Thanks
voxiburchenau View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by unicque24 unicque24 wrote:

Do you have any pics of your hair in the baby curl twists voxiburchenau ? I am interested in this style, but I've only seen the pics they have on their website.. not anyone else.
And, does your hair have to be a certain length to achieve this? My natural hair is about 6-7 inches long.. not sure if it's too long to be used with these twists.

Thanks

Sorry in advance for length...

Hi Unicque24,

I'll try really hard to get pics up this week as I'm updating my fb page. The style came out magnificent even though I didn't get my fave stylist Jamillah (my fault, had to do a last min cancellation $100 btw) and I had a midnight hour fake hair crisis.

About length, I had 7-8 inches natural hair oh..3 years ago and getting twist extensions was no problem (at different salon) the hair twisted out to 1.5 inches past my own and I know some braiding hair for twists looks short, like KK's hair, but the effect always comes out past shoulder length for me so I would go for it and see a good stylist.

I was frantic for hair 2 weeks ago bc I couldn't get KK's in time and I've loved theirs in the past and went to Erena, on the phone Juliette (I believe) ticked me off but she was AMAZING in person! If you go to the Bklyn shop you'll know she's curling weave hair (on a twig!!) phone cradled to ear and processing credit cards all at once and never stops. I ordered their natural curl 4pks (2, 4, 6) over phone but blinked and changed to afro kinky when I saw it. I thought the naturally curly looked too soft and fake but also thought the afro kinky was too stiff and wouldn't pull off the baby curl look I was used to. Juliette suggested I blend the two and told me I'd love the results and they are great! Blended, the combo is very close to KK's but still slightly different. It gives a lovely natural looking curl that I do in Brigitte Bardot up-do's, or hanging in Cree Summer boho messy chic. The twists are soft when wet and curl like nobody's business when diffused or scrunched.

Now I changed my mind about texture and color during a horrible NY snowstorm last minute was confused and late and frantic and went with 1B colors though I dyed my hair red 2 months before let's just say the color results are unique (I thought it wouldn't show that much I know, I know..). They blend hair in order of request and by schedule so Juliette couldn't blend the hair for me so my stylist did it and some pieces are naturally curly only, some afro and some combined and bc I'm crazy and didn't go with my original light colors my KK stylist found the exact red/lt brown in baby curl and added that too. I have 4 textures on my head, with highlights spinning through them and took home a lot of hair, I bought almost 5 oz from Erena, used 2.5 and was given almost 2 from KK, used a quarter of that.

My stylist said the Erena hair was great quality, it was $35 an oz vs KK's $55 an oz. and for all I know Erena's nat. curly and KK's baby curl are exactly the same but the baby curl STILL feels superior to me but only slightly so. So I will do my Erena combo or nat curly only or afro kinky again. I think the afro kinky has more buoyancy even w/time and nat curly like baby curl tends to hang a little limper though I've found w/both KK's hair and the nat curly you can spritz it and either band or diffuse and it'll get bouncy again. Erena's afro kinky isn't as dry and stiff as I thought it would feel or appear, and gives lovely natural-looking cottony ringlets while the nat curl feels smoother and gives longer curly/wavy thin ringlets which are superb. It's definitely not cheap in quality, but the kinky/curly combo gives that perfect baby curl appearance and feel and the price is right, and the results amazing.
unicque24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2010 at 12:01am
Thanks so much Voxi..
I appreciate you taking the time to tell me about your experience at both Erena and KK. I have called both and asked questions about both types of hair. I would never have thought to mix the two. Sounds good! I wish i could go to KK and get my hair done, but I no longer live in NYC.
By the way,
Does the stylist bend the hair in half when she attaches it..... or does she bend it at the end? Is there anything special about the way it's twisted to achieve the great signature look? They are true professionals and no one can touch them when it comes to these twists. I have a number of friends who went there religiously as far back as 9 years ago to have this style done.. and they used to pay more than $400 for it. Even after all these years, the style has not gone out of style!
Have you been going there often? How many times can you honestly re-use this hair?
Again, thanks so much for your time! Your explanation was helpful.
I can't wait to see the pics!!!!!
flojotrk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2010 at 3:35pm
Hi Voxiburchenau, can I ask what length did you get in the Erena hair? I'd like purchase some of the kinky and natural curl but am unsure what length to get. I'd like my twists to be a little bit past my shoulders. Thanks for your response...
Kenudle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2010 at 12:42am
pics pls
unicque24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2010 at 2:15pm
voxiburchenau
Where you able to put pictures up anywhere online?
I'm thinking abour ordering some of the natural curl from Erena, but I may want to blend it with their Afro Kinky hair too... not sure.

Also, what length did you get. I'm considering the 16-18, but I do'nt want it to be too short. I want it to just barely touch my shoulders (bottom of my neck really). Should I go for the 18-20?

Thanks in advance! I'd love to see pics if possible!
Sarel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2010 at 11:04pm
voxiburchenau, did you have problems when you washed the hair?  I've read some horror stories about kinky twists done with human hair (swelling up and locking together).  what is your own natural texture like?  TIA! :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic