Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - EP hair recently?  quality, weight, shedding, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EP hair recently? quality, weight, shedding, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EP hair recently? quality, weight, shedding, etc.
    Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 3:36pm
OK so I know several ladies here swear by EP hair, but who has purchased really recently, say, in the last 6 months or so?

I have some EP hair I purchased from a member here, but I have no idea how old or worn it was before I got it.   It's definitely PERFECT texture for me, no question.  But I don't know it's 'vintage'.

I ask as so many vendors seem to have quality going down the trash..... I've decided my wig making skills are decent enough to take a plunge on $$$$ hair to make a wig with,  BUT it HAS to be worth it.  For EP prices I had better get a lot of wear for that much money!  Yelp reviews would have you believe EP hair is not what it used to be and that the 3 ounce packages are more like 2 ounces.... that ain't what I'm looking for. 

What's your current experience?

Edited by hennared - Jan 27 2014 at 3:44pm
Sponsored Links

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 3:54pm
cant afford........never purchased lol
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 3:59pm
I have not purchased from them in over a year, reviews are subjective anyway. My gf complained about the same hair I had in my head but come to find out she has 789 products in hers so you never really know.
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 6:26pm
^^ Princess Grace, was the hair what you expected in terms of weight?  That aspect of some reviews I saw seemed somewhat objective - if it only weighs 2 ounces when it's listed as weighing 3.. that's a legit issue! 
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 4:06pm
I didn't feel cheated and the weight was correct, I have never ordered the hair again though. It was pretty hair but I didn't get the sea has parted feeling I was expecting after all the raving reviews. To be honest I didn't love that hair any better than my first batch of Wagmans Virgin curly or the curly hair I got from hair addicts.
LynnNyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LynnNyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 4:33pm
I cannot dispute the quality of the hair, and, yes, I too have read reviews were some people had complaints stating the quality is not the same. I have bought EP before, zigzag many years ago back when I used to relax my hair. this summer I bought the EPSRT and returned it at a small loss due to the restocking fee, however, I could not use the hair. It was just too silky for my needs and I was not about to relax my hair.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 5:41pm
I bought some zig zag nb hair to add into some of their hair that i already had in my stash. it was very, very dry and when i wet it i felt a lot of tangling. i called them and rcvd a return authorization and was going to mail it back, then got the bright idea to just deep condition it and keep it b/c i was ready to make a wig with all of the bundles. i should have sent the tangly batch back b/c i have the wig on right now and i can always tell where the bad batch is when i wash the wig b/c i have to brush through it more when it is wet.

I ordered 2 of 'the edge' pieces a few months ago and they were not as well ventilated as 'the edge' pieces that i bought a few years ago.
AfricanQueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfricanQueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:18pm
I ordered some last month and the weft was definitely shorter!!!
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 10:04pm
I measured my length of my weft for one of my 18-20 inch bundles and the weft is 80inches long
Unique Monique View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unique Monique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 10:11pm
I have not bought in over 2 years and my EPRT is still going strong.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style