Mynx Hair

Author
alsaxon View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2010 at 5:00pm
Will you be posting pics?
Sponsored Links

macknappy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2010 at 9:09pm
I purchased my hair earlier this week and got it in two days and I love it!  I will be taking my city twist down in another week or two so I will be able to provide more info after I get my hair done.

macknappy
Hotlanta Peach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2010 at 1:42pm
alsaxon - i will be posting pics soon

macknappy - cool! i know you will keep us posted.

i dont know if it is the way my friend twisted my hair or what but they are starting to feel dry and scratchy.  plus, some of the are coming untwisted and some are too short for a ponytail. Cry

i have 2 wks till vacation and i dont know if i can sit 4 hrs to take these down then another 6 to get them redone. plus hubby may have a fit if i spend more $$$. I am trying to work with these but IDK...

WHAT DO I DO!
khepri22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2010 at 10:56pm
Make em work Hotlanta!  Twists usually look better the older they get.  Just retwist the ones that are coming aloose, and hopefully they will lock or catch into place as the hair ages a bit.  Moisturize them with some braid spray leave in conditioner and or oil.  I know u have a special concoction.  Try styling them, pinning up one side or something play with em.  We had a thread with various twist styles.
khepri22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2010 at 10:59pm
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 2:45am
I am having mixed feelings about this.... When I 1st seen them I was having this I got to have them moment and after stalking my mailbox for a week they finally came I rushed over and beged my braider to put them in and she charged me 150 TO PUT THEM IN AND I honestly feel like that was too much and she did not even make it full (I thnk she was tryitng to say that my hair is thin and she could only put in so much.... on no one just FELL OUT! should I call her back and tell her or justs let it rock... i dont think I will post pics cause I am not really feeling them like that! if you really wanna see maybe a pm will do..
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 3:21am
Side notE i really cant see How people are able to keep these joints in for no 3 and 4 months?????

Edited by naturesgift - Jun 02 2010 at 3:21am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 9:49am
NATURESGIFT
Yes...$150 is way too much! SMH. I went to a braider up the street to inquire about prices and she said $140+. I told her I have my own hair, mentioned fluffy twists and she has this confused look on her face & said she'd take $10 off if I had my own hair. She was anxious about the hair and really wanted to know when I'd be back to show the the hair. Needless to say, I didnt go back.  So, I went to craigslist ads and didnt get a good feeling. I texted the girl who did my twists about a yr ago and she didnt reply. I even attempted to twist one and got mad cause i couldnt do it! So, that's how i ended up with my friend.  We chatted and showed me how. 

I could kick myself because after trying several times, I finally got it!!!  I am a fast learner & should have done these myself.  I too had one to fall out! I thought it was a bug at first and was trippin...I saw it was my twist calmed down, lol! I', glad that didnt happen in the street! OMG!

I wondered how could they last too...then I thought about it. I may be wrong but it made sense to me.  I think the key is for your hair to be as kinky as possible at the root, to begin the twist with a firm braid (or twist if you prefer) & twist with medium tension so the twist can shrink and apply water and product because this will make the cuticle of your own hair open/swell and when it dries the hair will shrink thus locking the strands the base and throughout the twist.

khepri22
my nubi nubi hair will be here tomorrow, so I will definitely be taking the short twists out and replacing with the nubi hair. The twists in the back nape and sides are fluffy hair so those will stay because they dont look bad at all. Its the ones in the middle, top and fringe that are not to my liking. Plus those are the ones where she had to use the Femi kinky hair because were were running out of fluffy hair.

I am determined to make this work. 

Edited by Hotlanta Peach - Jun 02 2010 at 9:50am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 9:50am
oh, and i will post some pics when find my usb cord Embarrassed

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 9:53am
wow! thanks for this. Hug.  that what mine SHOULD be looking like. i'm gonna check out more of her vids!!!

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic