FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedEnd Racial Profiling Act: Powerful Video

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: End Racial Profiling Act: Powerful Video
    Posted: Apr 17 2012 at 2:45pm
It was sad to see it but I like the mural the guy in this video made.  I'm thinking about making something similar and putting it on the wall in my office so that these issues are always right there.  I would put Trayvon's picture right in the middle.

One of the comments on youtube said "stereotyping keeps me alive" because people are walking around in hoodies when its 90 degrees so they can keep committing crimesConfused.

Powerful racial profiling documentary screened at Congressional Briefing

Picture 2Breakthrough’s Restore Fairness campaign showcased its powerful new documentary, ‘Face the Truth: Racial Profiling Across America’ at a briefing for Congressional staff on Racial and Religious Profiling in Washington, D.C. on Thursday September 30th. The documentary brings to life a new report by the Rights Working Group that was released along with 350 local and national partners on the one year anniversary of the Face the Truth campaign to end racial profiling. Along with compelling personal stories, the documentary features interviews with notable law enforcement and civil society leaders, many of whom were present at the briefing. Hilary O. Shelton (NAACP), Dr. Tracie Keesee (Denver Police Department) and Karwan Abdulkader (resident of Nashville subjected to racial profiling) are some of the speakers from the film who spoke in person to the packed room on September 30th.

“I’ve seen a lot in my life but to be degraded… not just stripped of my clothes, being stripped of my dignity, was what I had a problem with.”

As Kurdish American Karwan Abdulkader broke down while relating his story, listeners learned that he was detained and interrogated by local law enforcement for no reason other than driving around in the wrong neighborhood. His is one among many stories featured in ‘Face the Truth,’ a moving video that illustrates the devastating impact of racial profiling on communities around our country, including the African American, Latino, Arab, Muslim and South Asian communities.

Racial and religious profiling as a pervasive problem that is not only humiliating and degrading for the people subjected to it, but one that is unconstitutional, ineffective as a law enforcement practice, and ultimately damaging to community security. Both the video and report urge Congress to pass the End Racial Profiling Act (ERPA).

Watch the video NOW and urge Congress to pass the End Racial Profiling Act.

DocuOnWall

BriefingAudience

Karwan1

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Apr 17 2012 at 2:46pm
Sponsored Links

Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2012 at 2:53pm
thank you for this kfoxx.

ive heard that one before stereotyping keeps you alive, stereotyping does nothing but keep you ignorant.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2012 at 2:54pm
Him crying is so painful to watch.

Edited by Limalady - Apr 17 2012 at 2:54pm
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2012 at 3:02pm
Yah...watching him cry made me want to cry. Whats the status on this bill? I will Google it but if someone beats me to the chase much appreciated
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2012 at 3:07pm
carolina cutie was talking about it in the Trayvon thread and when I looked these hearings are going on right now in Congress!

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Keep an eye on the End racial profiling act hearings.

Roger Clay that represents the Center for Equal Opportunity, said that minorities are more likely to commit street crime due to being born out of wedlock, so it's understandable that we get profiled. He can go eat a d*ck.Dead

A WTF comment from the hearing.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic