Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - EMTs stopped NYPD from beating handcuffed patient
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

EMTs stopped NYPD from beating handcuffed patient

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EMTs stopped NYPD from beating handcuffed patient
    Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 10:50am

EXCLUSIVE: EMTs who stopped NYPD cops from beating handcuffed, emotionally disturbed patient turn officers in

Two FDNY EMTs say they had to bodily intervene to stop four cops from hitting a handcuffed patient, documents obtained by the Daily News show. The violence broke out when the patient spit at the Emergency Service Unit officers and swore at them.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, August 4, 2014, 7:30 PM

Tracy, John, Freelance/Tracy, John, FreelanceTracy, John, Freelance/Tracy, John, Freelance John Tracy for New York Daily News Two EMTs say they were called to Brooklyn's 67th Precinct stationhouse in East Flatbush on July 20 when they witnessed four officers beating the handcuffed patient.

Two FDNY EMTs who had to intervene to stop four police officers beating a handcuffed patient on a stretcher have turned the cops in to authorities, the Daily News has learned.

The emotionally disturbed patient was punched multiple times in the face by the cops on July 20, according to FDNY documents obtained by The News. The cops only stopped when the EMTs bodily intervened, the report said.

The violence broke out when the patient spit at the Emergency Service Unit officers and swore at them. The officers responded by hitting him in the face, hauling him off the stretcher to the ground and then tossing him back on the stretcher, the EMTs said in written statements submitted to the FDNY.

The two FDNY emergency medical technicians were called to Brooklyn's 67th Precinct stationhouse between Rogers and Nostrand Aves. in East Flatbush around 7:30 p.m. to bring the patient to a nearby hospital.

ESU arrived to restrain the man for transport. He was combative and banging his head against the wall, reports said.

"Pt. came out of the cell in cuffs. Pt. became combative with PD and (was) put on our stretcher," wrote one EMT in the Unusual Occurrence Report filed with FDNY brass.

"Pt. was struck in the face by an officer ... pt. spit in the face of an officer, whereupon the officer punched the pt. in the face multiple times," the report said.

When the patient spit at the cop again, more cops started beating him, the EMT said.

"Three cops began to punch the patient in the face, EMS (had) to get in the middle of it to intervene. Pt's. wounds and injuries cleaned in the (ambulance)," the report said.

The account was backed up by the second EMT, who noted that the patient was brought out by ESU in "handcuffs and foot shackles."

After the first round of punches, the patient was "taken off the stretcher to the ground and restrained again, pt. was thrown by ESU again on to my stretcher," the EMT wrote. "Pt. sustained injuries to face and head," the report said.

An FDNY spokesman confirmed there was a notification from the agency to the NYPD. The NYPD said the 67th Precinct incident is being investigated by the Internal Affairs Bureau.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-emts-turn-officers-beat-handcuffed-patient-article-1.1891706

Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 11:07am
Eradicate those bastards, the whole lot of them

Edited by eanaj5 - Aug 06 2014 at 11:07am
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 11:12am
I long for the days where policce serve and protect.
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 11:14am
So sick!!! Imagine how helpless you feel in cuffs smh

Side note

I zip-tied my hands together when I was a kid and I was traumatized lmaooo
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 11:25am
i think after that incident emt's are tryna protect themselves
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 12:12pm
not too far from where I live smh.

Crazy this story came out because just yesterday I was thinking about the possibilities of the police ruffing up mentally ill teens over a simple misunderstanding :(

I was shopping at Pathmark and I saw these 2 teen boys walking about looking very suspect/strange. Didn't know whether they were trying to steal or tear the store down lol. 
After being around them for awhile in the same aisle, it was revealed that they were mentally ill (and basically harmless), which explains why they were so shifty. The sad part is that their mom who was with them seemed a little "off" too. And then I started thinking: what if staff at the store called the cops just because theylLOOKED suspicious and the cops use unnecessary force and scare tactics while the boys can't really defend themselves :(

thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 12:18pm
DeBlasio needs to fire the Police Commissioner.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 12:18pm
they have face guards for detainees that spit 

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 1:19pm
Nasty as spitting is they know ppl will spit.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 1:31am
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I long for the days where policce serve and protect.

You are going to keep waiting, that's for sure.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>