BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Emily's Natural Hair Progress Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Emily Loretta View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 7:44am
Okay so yesterday I took my fuzzy twists out and washed my hair -> thinking I was going out...[I fell asleep hehe] I mixed my deep conditioner and my Mane n' Tail and used it as a leave in, my hair was uber soft!! I might have to start mixing those two to use as a leave in...a light protein + moisturizing deep conditioner = a happy nappy girl :) I sealed with the carrot oil, didn't apply any JBCO though. Once I got realized how late it was I put on a baggy and went to bed.

This morning -> hair is drier then a desert... I don't know what happened, the individual strands are silky and the scales are flat and smooth going up and down the strand but as a while, my hair is dry, not soft at all. I'm suppose to be going to the hairdressers tomorrow to get my hair braided up so for now I'll just apply my Deep Condish as a leave in to let it sit on my hair, seal it in and oil and hopefully later tonight it'll be a little more soft. 
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 4:40am
Suppose to be getting my hair done today, braided back. My hair is seriously matted -> I need to know the key to stretching my hair out before it gets tangled. I think I should start washing my hair in braids/plaits or big twists. Because when I wash it free and then try combing and detangling it's just horrible! Le Sigh.
Anyways, I'll post again when I get back from the hairdressers, hope she know how to touch Natural hair.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Emily Loretta Emily Loretta wrote:

Suppose to be getting my hair done today, braided back. My hair is seriously matted -> I need to know the key to stretching my hair out before it gets tangled. I think I should start washing my hair in braids/plaits or big twists. Because when I wash it free and then try combing and detangling it's just horrible! Le Sigh.
Anyways, I'll post again when I get back from the hairdressers, hope she know how to touch Natural hair.

This is what I do. And believe me when I tell you it has gotten sooooo much better. I have retained so much more length and thickness. If I had known about this method before I would have succeeded at transitioning on the first two attempts.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 9:33am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

This is what I do. And believe me when I tell you it has gotten sooooo much better. I have retained so much more length and thickness. If I had known about this method before I would have succeeded at transitioning on the first two attempts.

Do you quickly braid/plait/twist your hair before washing and then undo it after or do you just leave it in until you're ready to take them out?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 4:41am
Ok!! So yesterday I got my hair braided it's in a really cute style, nothing fancy but cute. I'll try uploading pictures later today. After I take my shower [[waiting for everyone to get ready for church] I'll MSO...well I gotta think about the Mane n' Tail I want to spritz it on not rub it on...I'll see, and tonight is a baggying night. 
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 5:05am

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Do you quickly braid/plait/twist your hair before washing and then undo it after or do you just leave it in until you're ready to take them out?

Yeah I just put it in a bunch of plaits and wash and condition it like that. I take a little longer to make sure I am being thorough. I squeeze the braids to make sure I am getting to the hair within the braids. After I towel dry I undo the braids one at a time and detangle from the bottom up and apply my leave in and sealant and then put it in twists (or whichever style/set I choose) to dry.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 3:25pm
Thanks SweetNov, you and some others here have really helped me get my game on lock!! This way I'll know what to do once I get out of my braids.

---

So I didn't MSO at all, don't want to mess up the braids but I'll have to eventually. I need a spritz bottle though. I just put on some JBCO and then spritz my hair with with some menthol spray to help with circulation to get blood flowing to my scalp. Has anyone tried this before, using menthol on the scalp for circulation? I'll be doing so while in braids, hoping it gives a boost in thickness and growth. ;)
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 7:54pm
Hair Notes:

Twists make hair easier to manage 

Detangle & Pre-Poo hair BEFORE washing not after!!

To detangle & pre-poo:

Part hair in four sections, on one section apply Detangling Mixture, first finger detangle starting at the ends and then moving towards the roots. After finger detangling use detangling brush/comb. Once thoroughly detangled, twist the section into big twist(s). Use a rubber band on to hold ends???

Detangling Mixture:

Warm Water, Lots of Conditioner, Oil of choice, ACV small amount, Epsom salt -> in spritz bottle and shaken.

Pin twists up and place on a shower cap for 30 minutes to let hair  

Wash hair in twists, don't wash hair free. Easier to manage in twists.

Moisturize, Seal and Oil hair in twists! Dampen hair with COLD water from spray bottle before moisturizing to lock in maximum amount of moisture.

Allow hair to airday for the day

Wash hair every week or more -> less hair manipulation ??????

Retwist before bed and put on a satin bonnet

Do a cute twist out for the following day

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 1:16pm
So I didn't do anything to my hair yesterday, I'm still very sick plus school started back yesterday. I spritzed my hair with the menthol spray this morning, tonight I'll be applying the JBCO. 

Once this cold is over I'll get back into the swing of things though. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 6:25am
I've just been oiling my scalp with JBCO recently, yesterday I DC'ed on my braids to moisten them up a bit. I'll be taking them out tomorrow and conditioning my hair properly. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic