Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Emilys Natural Hair Progress Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Emily Loretta View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:10pm
Okay so instead of braids got mini two strand twists done. My hair looks so adorable!! :D So instead of shower co washing I'll be spritz and rinse co washing. Spritz my hair with cheap condish and water and then rinsing with luke-cool water. And instead of sealing with the Shea Butter which I muss up in my hair I'll be sealing with my Carrot Oil spray, I'll still be moisturizing with Mane n' Tail and oiling with JBCO, those are staples in my reggie. I'll also be baggying like regular and still using my Epsom Salt/ACV mix on my hair. Trying to hands out of my hair as much as possible. So far I've been a good girl about not touching and fussing over my hair and just leaving it alone. So hoping that continues and growth happens.
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:24am
I baggied overnight! I'm waiting til everyone leaves the house before I take it off and put in my carrot & tea tree (im just now seeing the tea tree part lol) oil for my pre-co wash. I'll let that sit on scalp & head for 20 minutes then rinse it out. 

After I'll apply some Mane n' Tail, spritz with carrot oil to seal my twists (i love this as a sealent!! <3 it's light and oily but not too oily, I just spray some to my hair and mrun it through and I'm good) and after that I'll oil my scalp with JBCO. I'm not bagging tonight, just wrapping it up in a silk scarf. 

So for now it's:

Sunday - Baggy
Monday - Wash
Tuesday - Baggy
Wednesday - Wash
Thursday - Baggy
Friday - Wash
Saturday - Leaving my hair alone???? For now...
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 4:50am
Wrapped my hair up last night with my scarf. I MSOed (moisturizing, sealing, oiling) and now I'm just chilling. Tonight is a baggying night too! =D
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 4:50am
Wash day! I'm going to apply some carrot oil to my hair and scalp let it sit for ten minutes or so and then run some watered down conditioner through my tresses and scrub my scalp clean. It's been a bit itchy lately, hopefully it's growing! After I wash I'll MSO. 

I'll have to take my twists out this Saturday, they're already frizzy and fuzzy looking. But I want to make it til Saturday. So I'm going to throw it up in a ponytail and leave it and only take it down to MSO or co-wash.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 9:14am
So once I got in the shower I ended up applying the conditioner and scrubbing it in to clean my hair & scalp. Felt pretty good too Smile But anyways, after I washed the conditioner out I deep conditioned my hair with Proclaim Argan Oil Hydrating Masque. I waited for like 30+ minutes to let it soak then washed it out. MSOed like usual. I have my hair in a ponytail now.

Edited by Emily Loretta - Jan 09 2013 at 12:02pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 4:38am
I tied my hair down last night, nothing special really. I took a shower this morning and MSOed as usual, same products (Mane n' Tail, Carrot Oil Spray, JBCO) I'll be baggying tonight, washing tomorrow and then on Saturday my Auntie and me are suppose to go to the hair dresser and I'll get my hair washed and braided down, the twists are cute but since I co-wash 3x a week they get too fuzzy to fast. Plus when I MSO. So I think my braids or even my puff would be better for my current hair regiment.

ETA: My Official Goal by the end of the year is APL, but my Goal for the next few months is CBL. And I believe I have an advantage now. As we all know hair grows faster in the summer by 10% due to the body having to work harder to maintain homeostasis and keep the body at or near body temperature. Well since I recently moved to the islands where it's ALWAYS summer (well on this one anyways) I'm hoping I'll get that 10% boost each month equaling 120% more growth by the end of the year. Or something like that...

Edited by Emily Loretta - Jan 10 2013 at 4:56am
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 4:43am
Is there particular reason you do the sealing and oiling as two different steps? I've never heard of this.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 5:38am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Is there particular reason you do the sealing and oiling as two different steps? I've never heard of this.

I think it's a pretty common practice actually, but no particular reason really why; it's just that the hair and scalp are two different things and have to be treated differently. I'm sure you know this but, the scalp already produces it's own sebum, the hair doesn't. So that's why we moisturize the hair with water based products not the scalp, it won't penetrate on a molecular level. However we also know that oil dissolves oil, so by oiling the scalp, the oil [JBCO in my case] can penetrate the scalp and condition the roots, promoting faster growth then if no oiling was done at all. 

Castor oil in general has properties that stimulate a cellular reaction once it penetrate your scalp, you may notice some itching or even flakes when you use castor oil and that because of it's fast response. 
So I seal my hair with a light oil but oil with a heavy oil to condition my scalp and promote growth. The light oil would penetrate and would have some conditioning properties but not like a heavy thick oil would and also heavier oils last longer, meaning it conditions longer. So for me sealing and oiling are done in two separate steps. HTH
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Emily Loretta Emily Loretta wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I think it's a pretty common practice actually, but no particular reason really why; it's just that the hair and scalp are two different things and have to be treated differently. I'm sure you know this but, the scalp already produces it's own sebum, the hair doesn't. So that's why we moisturize the hair with water based products not the scalp, it won't penetrate on a molecular level. However we also know that oil dissolves oil, so by oiling the scalp, the oil [JBCO in my case] can penetrate the scalp and condition the roots, promoting faster growth then if no oiling was done at all. 

Castor oil in general has properties that stimulate a cellular reaction once it penetrate your scalp, you may notice some itching or even flakes when you use castor oil and that because of it's fast response. 
So I seal my hair with a light oil but oil with a heavy oil to condition my scalp and promote growth. The light oil would penetrate and would have some conditioning properties but not like a heavy thick oil would and also heavier oils last longer, meaning it conditions longer. So for me sealing and oiling are done in two separate steps. HTH

Ohhhhh thank you so much, I didn't know you meant oiling your scalp. I just got some castor oil and I did notice it was thicker than the other oils. I was still unsure how to use it. This was very helpful.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 7:39am
Your welcome! =D Castor oil in my opinion is best used to moisturize and condition the scalp. HHG
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic