Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Elementary school apologizes for 'humiliating' act
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Elementary school apologizes for 'humiliating' act

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:09pm

It's already hard enough to go to school knowing you have less than other kids
but for it to be put on display
This hurt my heart
I swear I woulda turned that school upside muthafcuking down

Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

This made me tear up a little. How embarrassing for those poor babies who can't control that their parents aren't putting money on their accounts.

Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:18pm

Originally posted by LovesHim LovesHim wrote:

You get a PBnJ sandwich and some milk when you dont pay your bill...... they dont let the kids starve
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:24pm
Some of y'all are being obtuse. It is the action and the intent. They could have alerted the kids parents prior. But instead they snatched the food away only to Throw it away? And shame the kids? That is spiteful and a waste! If they were only going t o throw it away the kids could have eaten it. 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:42pm
all my schools did was withhold special activities, like prom and graduation, if students have balances. 
they could have done something similar, like restrict sports or other extra-curricular activities. food should not be used as a form of punishment. that is insane.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Cocoa Cocoa wrote:

Meanwhile in prison:

saddest dose of reality.

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by LovesHim LovesHim wrote:

You get a PBnJ sandwich and some milk when you dont pay your bill...... they dont let the kids starve

They gave those kids an orange and milkConfused that's barely a snack. 

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:52pm
school lunches seem so much better now than the 90's though.  my grandma made my lunch everyday, but every blue moon i'd accidentally forget it on the kitchen counter.  i would have to buy school lunch and it was inedible for me.  i was 7 and 8 and those tater tots were just not on my level.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:55pm
this reminds me of that movie (higher learning?) where the the professor called the names of the kids who hadn't payed their tuition during class and put them all out. Dead
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by ppp38 ppp38 wrote:

The parents did this to their kid. Why aren't they paying for their kids lunches? Why do all these kids have outstanding balances? 

Parents need to start parenting. 

So the kids should be punished because of what their parents didnt pay? Confused
ppp38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ppp38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 6:07am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by ppp38 ppp38 wrote:

The parents did this to their kid. Why aren't they paying for their kids lunches? Why do all these kids have outstanding balances? 

Parents need to start parenting. 

So the kids should be punished because of what their parents didnt pay? Confused

If the parents don't think that paying for their kids to eat is important, why should the school? All these parents had to do was pay their balance instead of routinely sending their kid to school without lunch money every day. Where I grew up, if I didn't have $$ to eat at school, I simply couldn't eat. There were no credit lunches. Schools should go back to that. 

Edited by ppp38 - Feb 01 2014 at 6:07am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System