Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

elastic band method??? help!!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
beautyxkills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyxkills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: elastic band method??? help!!
    Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 11:41am
I was recently on youtube checking out some of Mslaurensbeauty's tutorials and she was talking about an "elastic band method" and instantly she had me sold,

I was thinking about trying out the EBM for my birthday but im so nervous! and I dont do hair myself, so whatever I decide to get im stuck with it for a few weeeks LOL.

how long does this method last? does the front tend to lift up? what exactly is the point of this method?? dos the band go on top of or behind the hair on your sides and back? can anyone post pictures of their elastic band method installs?

thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

Lthomas3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lthomas3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 11:47am
I currently am using this method for the last 3 weeks and no looking back.
It doesnt lift but you can tell that the band elastic will need replacing after a few installs.
It really helps the closure stay very close to the scalp without any glue etc.

Overall makes your wig sit very snugly....I sewed mine on in the end  because i didnt want to have to take it off and on on a daily basis, (want it to perform like a weave).

If you have experience in making u parts then by all means give it a go and see how you like it.

A small tip is domnt make the band too snug or longterm  it may rip your lace or give you a headache like no other Tongue
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 11:49am
Videos that might help you with your install

Edited by starliteboo - Apr 11 2013 at 11:50am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyxkills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Lthomas3 Lthomas3 wrote:

I currently am using this method for the last 3 weeks and no looking back.
It doesnt lift but you can tell that the band elastic will need replacing after a few installs.

It really helps the closure stay very close to the scalp without any glue etc.

Overall makes your wig sit very snugly....I sewed mine on in the end  because i didnt want to have to take it off and on on a daily basis, (want it to perform like a weave).

If you have experience in making u parts then by all means give it a go and see how you like it.

A small tip is domnt make the band too snug or longterm  it may rip your lace or give you a headache like no other Tongue

wow you've made me alot more excited about getting it! lol but I was going to do it with the back of my hair being a sewn in weave instead of a u part, it the closure un natural looking? is it better to use a silk based closure or a lace closure when doing this method?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyxkills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

Videos that might help you with your install

wow i love the 2nd video hers looks so natural!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyxkills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 12:16pm
/DIV]

what do you think of this method? she sewed the back of the closure down instead of adding another elastic band.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 7:43pm
I think either way works, its just a matter of what you prefer
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 10:06pm
i love the EBM!. Only thing i would suggest is when youre sewing the band on to the closure, dont go crazy like i did, over sewing & knotting. that will cause just a smidgen of discomfort when laying against your scalp
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 9:16am
I agree I have gotten headaches from making too many secure knots on the band. I use to sew the band down now I find it easier to just use safety pins. Safety pins are just as secure and makes changing and readjusting the straps faster and easier. Few holes in the lace are also a bonus.
realworld000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realworld000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 9:13am
good idea with the safety pins...gonna try it!Wink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply