Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

EL (ear length) natural hairstyles?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EL (ear length) natural hairstyles?
    Posted: Jun 29 2013 at 8:12pm
Hey ladies :) 

I BC'd in January and my hair is EL now (see the photo below for an example of length). Since then I've been using lace wigs while waiting for my hair to grow. 

Here's the issue. Every month, I'm supposed to go to the audiologist since I've been implanted with a cochlear implant. I haven't gone in 8 months or worn my cochlear implant in 6 months b/c of the wig. I don't wanna explain it too much but going to an audiologist every month is like going to a physical therapist to regain your ability to walk again. So in this situation, I've been neglecting regaining my ability to hear again. 

I'd say my hair is mostly 3C/4A and the length matches the photo below. 

I'm willing to try products to manipulate my curls too! I just want to look and feel sexy with hair as short as mines is right now as it grows out! I refuse to straighten my hair! :) 
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2013 at 1:42pm
Looks to me that the style going on in the video caption is a nice style to start out with.

You can also go for high puffs, which will not only look cute but will also give the illusion of more length due to more volume on top which is good for people like myself at the time that are used to wearing high ponytails, plus the hair is stretched, so you are actually showing off a bit of your own current length as well.

I achieved this by tightening two ends of a string together on moisturized hair till it was high up enough for it to have the high ponytail look and enough volume on top. I then proceeded to add a cute flower accessory as it was summer at the time.

I also would do the simple wash and go with conditioner left in, just allowing it to shrink up the way it does.

I would also pick it out a bit and pin the back away a bit and add accessories.(This pic was for summer carnaval though, have no other pics with a tamer version of the look)

A slick back tight ponytail with bangs left out.

Other than that you can always pin down the front or create a pompadour with what's left out.

If you can flat twist or braid you can braid down or flat twist a section of hair.

You can also wear cute scarves with or without your hair out. Or cute berets, while leaving some hair out or not.

You can also do a roll and tuck style, the only thing is that you will need hair pins to pin down what you've rolled as it's not long enough to stay in place as yet.

Here are examples I googled with a roll, tuck and pin style:

chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 1:20am
^^^Thanks,you just gave me a few ideas for my hair for next month.....
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 1:04pm
Ritle, thank you for your post. It was very informative and you even included photos! I appreciate it! 

Are you Brazilian, by the way? I noticed you put carnaval down.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 7:00pm
You're very welcome ladies!
Glad I could help.

I am Caribbean.    
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions