Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - EHM HAIR COMPANY - VERRRRY LONG!! Buyer Beware!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EHM HAIR COMPANY - VERRRRY LONG!! Buyer Beware!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarrah922 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarrah922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 9:55am
I ordered hair from EHM, got it earlier this week. I tried to lift the color with a 30 volume developer, first without foil, then with foil and both times didn't work.
I even went out and purchased a separate developer, still didn't work.
I tried bleach powder with a 30 volume developer and a 20 volume developer (per the instructions), all with foil. The 30 lifted the color to a honey blonde, the 20 barely lifted to a medium brown (mind you, this was with bleach.)
Anyone know why? When I washed a strand before all this, no color came off so I am a little confused.
Sponsored Links

napturalpretty1908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote napturalpretty1908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 10:30am
@rebelle WOW! that's horrible, hopefully the herbal essences will hep. Do you reach out to the owner Marsha to ask for advice? At the very least she should know how how product isn't up to par
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 10:31am
Wow Rebelle that is crunchy cry. Did you try some silicon on the hair. Man you are going through it with this hair and company.
butterfly3582 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly3582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by sarrah922 sarrah922 wrote:

I ordered hair from EHM, got it earlier this week. I tried to lift the color with a 30 volume developer, first without foil, then with foil and both times didn't work.
I tried bleach powder with a 30 volume developer and a 20 volume developer (per the instructions), all with foil. The 30 lifted the color to a honey blonde, the 20 barely lifted to a medium brown (mind you, this was with bleach.)
Anyone know why? When I washed a strand before all this, no color came off so I am a little confused.

I dont know why..but the only hair i have ran into that i could not bleach is some BSS hair.  
BxFinestcocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxFinestcocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:24pm
Edit

Edited by BxFinestcocoa - Sep 01 2013 at 9:26pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxFinestcocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by rebelle . rebelle . wrote:

Okay, I just took this picture earlier today.  This is the ends of the hair after a deep condition with the Organix conditioner in the blue bottle. As you can see the ends are EXTREMELY dry.

SO, I went through & cut off at the split ends.  I should've did this prior to installing, but I'm doing it now.  I went out & bought Herbal Essences curly line, as well as the hydrating conditioner.  Everyone seems to swear by it.  I also bought a detangling spray. I hurts my heart to tug & pull at this hair to get it to untangle. 

I'm going to split the hair in sections (as I've been doing before), then go ahead & clarify & then I'm going to wash with the Herbal Essences line.

This is my last resort with this hair... before I just say eff it & wear it straight until I find something that is way more low maintenance. Wish me luck ladies.

Hi Rebelle,

I have purchased this hair (full review coming soon w/ pics & Vids) I haven't washed it etc...or anything yet, but this hair should be like taking care of natural hair except w/ the amt of oil used.  (To keep the hair moisonutturized it must be co-washed often the first couple of weeks and deep conditioned. If you have to use shampoo use a sulfate free shampoo a good one is the Organix Coconut Milk one.  I usually don't use the same product line for everything because they tend to not work well together. A really good deep conditioner is Burt's Bee's Grapefruit (in a tube) it is very good especially when you sit under the dryer for 15 minutes with it. leaves hair soft,shiny and manageable when you detangle. Once you finish detangle the hair; I don't suggest a denman brush w/ this hair  only because it is a lot of hair I suggest a wide tooth comb. My daughter's hair is this texture and I notice her ends are very dry when I detangle w/ te brush versus the comb.  After all that rinse it out a good leave-in conditioner to put in is Cantu Shea Butter or Shea Moisture Smoothie. Instead of braiding 2 strand twist the hair. The braids leaves more of a wavy texture after which may cause tangles on this hair (it does on my DD hair). I specifically bought this hair because I am natural and wanted something to match, but I cut all my hair off again some mths ago and I am doing a 1 yr protective style challenge, for the impending birth of our child. So I hope these tips really help in getting the hair to act right for you. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxFinestcocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 12:45am
Originally posted by sarrah922 sarrah922 wrote:

I am not too sure about the hair iteself yet, but what dye did you use? That might have played a factor. Also I know with experiance with my hair for some reason when I was relaxed hair dyes did not take in my hair I would have to leave it in for a long time and the lightest I would get would be a very light brown/reddish. The next time I tried to dye my hair in it's natural state it was like an auburn. Then I tried a platimum blond dye I put it on my ends with foil and used a flat iron to see if it would take and leaving it for a good 1/2 after and it still didn't get light it went to a light reddish color. I think because the hair is kinky/curly is why the dye might need to sit longer than what is recommended. DaintyA on youtube did put streaks in it so ask her what dye she used and maybe you can try that one. 
mayaparis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayaparis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:08pm
I bought from this company also, but I had a very good experience. From my experience, she didn't have bad customer service, she wasn't overly friendly but that's not what I look for in a company. I want good quality hair and that's what I got from her. The quality exceeds prices to me. I've had my hair in for about 1 month and it's great.
I actually found this post when I was looking for kinky straight reviews but then wanted to share my experience. I got the NHA and I'm ordering something from her again. I will say the shipping was a bit long but I didn't mind probably because I wasn't in a rush to receive it. I'm getting more of the NHA and some kinky straight and I'll let you guys know how the experience goes.
Also rebelle, if it helps, I use hello hydration on the hair only. I put it in a pineapple to sleep and spritz it with water in the morning to shape it. If its dry I spritz with water&Hello Hydration. I made a u-part so when I want to wash it I usually put it in a bowl with a bunch of the conditioner and a bit of morrocan argan oil for shine.
Also my hair sometimes got frizzy like yours I fixed that by using a Denman brush. It makes such beautiful curls, so if you can, get it because I'm sure it will help. Make sure the hair is really wet when you use the brush so it doesn't get more frizzy.
GCurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GCurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by mayaparis mayaparis wrote:

I bought from this company also, but I had a very good experience. From my experience, she didn't have bad customer service, she wasn't overly friendly but that's not what I look for in a company. I want good quality hair and that's what I got from her. The quality exceeds prices to me. I've had my hair in for about 1 month and it's great.
I actually found this post when I was looking for kinky straight reviews but then wanted to share my experience. I got the NHA and I'm ordering something from her again. I will say the shipping was a bit long but I didn't mind probably because I wasn't in a rush to receive it. I'm getting more of the NHA and some kinky straight and I'll let you guys know how the experience goes.
Also rebelle, if it helps, I use hello hydration on the hair only. I put it in a pineapple to sleep and spritz it with water in the morning to shape it. If its dry I spritz with water&Hello Hydration. I made a u-part so when I want to wash it I usually put it in a bowl with a bunch of the conditioner and a bit of morrocan argan oil for shine.
Also my hair sometimes got frizzy like yours I fixed that by using a Denman brush. It makes such beautiful curls, so if you can, get it because I'm sure it will help. Make sure the hair is really wet when you use the brush so it doesn't get more frizzy.

I'm glad you had a great experience...
To be clear, I wasn't looking for her to be friendly at all. LOL. 
This was entirely business for me and I was cordial with her because that's how I was raised.
Smile
Altogether, I was expecting her to be professional.
She just wasn't ...
Everyone wants to receive what they paid for and if they don't, they expect the issue to be fixed honestly. She did NONE of those things. 
I almost regret making this thread because at the end of the day a lot of women just want hair (good hair) and will put up with almost anything to get that until things go awry.
*sigh*
napturalpretty1908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote napturalpretty1908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:38pm
@GCurly, I'm glad you made the thread, I want to know the good and bad when considering making a purchase.  I was really curious about the hair so I ended up buying from ehm, but people are right, she has absolutely no customer service so it's kind of like why am I paying you a premium if you are facilitating, the sale, not caring, washing the hair, etc. I should just hunt down the vendor, lol. Im just saying I'm learning the important of customer service, can't give away my money for nothing. 

So for anyone who recently purchased, are there in photos? Still waiting on mine and would love to see some hair :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>