Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Homemade Hair Recipes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eggs and Mayo ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
afroqueenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afroqueenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Natural_Amber Natural_Amber wrote:

Deep Condition:Avocado,Mayonnaise, Olive Oil and A egg yolk (never use the whole egg) Big smile
Shampoo:Baking SodaShocked
Baking soda and water is so much more healthier for your hair because shampoos have sulfates which in terms dry your hair out completely...Baking soda is a NATURAL ingredient and it works better than shampoo and is cheaper.Approve
My deep conditioning is better than any conditioner I've ever used. It brings back your natural curls. It's affordable and last longer, and lets not mention that it's ALL NATURAL...And what's better than that? Cool
*Rinse everything with cold water, this keeps the frizz down and hair looking tamedWink
You can also put a little coconut oil, jojoba oil or olive oil in a spray bottle, mix it with water and spray your hair in the morning and at night to keep it moisturized all day NATURALLY.Thumbs Up

How do you use baking soda as a shampoo?
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 4:49pm

[/QUOTE]

How do you use baking soda as a shampoo?
[/QUOTE]

I have used a mixture of Baking Soda and Conditioner and massaged it onto my scalp. It does a great job.
It is advised, that you should do an Apple Cider Vinegar(an acid) rinse after using Baking Soda (an alkaline) to bring your hair back to a proper pH balance.

HTH
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2011 at 10:02am
SO AFTER USING THIS, YOU CANT FLAT IRON UR HAIR OR ANYTHING ???Confused
Loveroflife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loveroflife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2011 at 10:07am
@Annie 225 Your hair scrambled?  haha that is funnyLOL
Clivernima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clivernima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2011 at 9:44pm
 ah.............
a good forum !!
I like these topics you talk!
Tongue
Tongue
Coiled up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coiled up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2012 at 10:10am
You can also use hair mayo sold in almost every beauty supply. Personally I think ima go the organic way and crack open a couple of eggs, slap a tablespoon or two, a lil CO or coconut oil and let it o it's thing. I'm going to try this right after my relaxer (as suggested by many on BHM) but before I neutralize poo. Thank BHM
spice415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spice415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 8:31am
The way to get it not to cook in your hair is by mixing it in with your deep condition treatment. When I mix my concoction I mix 2 eggs in the mixture well so it all blends. I wouldn't recommend just breaking an egg over the top of your head for a direct application.
Coiled up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coiled up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 11:06am
Ummmmm I never said I was going to crack eggs over my head...??? I do coconut oil, condi, mayo and 2 eggs...I still rinse with cool water bcz the benefits of moisture retention using cool/cold water. This so far has worked grrrrreat for me! No more shedding or hair in the comb after just 3 treatments with my daughter's hair. At this point w hair blogs, Internet, you tube, common sense, and just plain ol' reading you should get an idea of the proper way to do any treatment to your hair.
jasmineheaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmineheaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Natural_Amber Natural_Amber wrote:

Deep Condition:Avocado,Mayonnaise, Olive Oil and A egg yolk (never use the whole egg) Big smile
Shampoo:Baking SodaShocked
Baking soda and water is so much more healthier for your hair because shampoos have sulfates which in terms dry your hair out completely...Baking soda is a NATURAL ingredient and it works better than shampoo and is cheaper.Approve
My deep conditioning is better than any conditioner I've ever used. It brings back your natural curls. It's affordable and last longer, and lets not mention that it's ALL NATURAL...And what's better than that? Cool
*Rinse everything with cold water, this keeps the frizz down and hair looking tamedWink
You can also put a little coconut oil, jojoba oil or olive oil in a spray bottle, mix it with water and spray your hair in the morning and at night to keep it moisturized all day NATURALLY.Thumbs Up

Will it work the same without the avocado?
Coiled up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coiled up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 9:27am
Jasmine, nice recipe thanx!!!! Im so over shampoo knowing what I know now. I now clarify bfr co washing with acv and it works grrrrreat. However? The rare times I feel as though I need a lil poo in my life I lalalalaluv creme if nature argan oil line (sulfate free) or dr. Bronners peppermint...add a lil co to it and BAM! I haven't used the baking soda yet so I researched and it got rave reviews but it did strongly recommend to use acv to balance the PH. Thanx again for the recipe !!!!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style