BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Homemade Hair Recipes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Eggs and Mayo ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
Rachellee92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachellee92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eggs and Mayo ?
    Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 7:53pm
hmmmmm has anyone tried Eggs and mayo on their hair ?
whats the best thing to use ?
Sponsored Links

BunnieHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnieHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 12:09pm
Personally, I like using mayo because it not only contains eggs, but it also contains vinegar. The vinegar helps with balancing the ph level in you hair: you get two things for the price of one.

If you chose to use eggs, do not, I repeat, do not use heat and please rinse your hair out with lukewarm to cold water. Beleive me, the eggs will cook in your hair.
Triniwithspice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triniwithspice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 12:13pm
I use eggs as my protein treatment once a month..never tried the mayo tho Confused

I just crack an egg and put some olive oil or coconut oil in and leave it in for about 10 mins, but as bunniehoney says..don't use heat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachellee92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Triniwithspice Triniwithspice wrote:

I use eggs as my protein treatment once a month..never tried the mayo tho Confused

I just crack an egg and put some olive oil or coconut oil in and leave it in for about 10 mins, but as bunniehoney says..don't use heat.
  oh okay. does it help with growth or shine?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachellee92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by BunnieHoney BunnieHoney wrote:

Personally, I like using mayo because it not only contains eggs, but it also contains vinegar. The vinegar helps with balancing the ph level in you hair: you get two things for the price of one.

If you chose to use eggs, do not, I repeat, do not use heat and please rinse your hair out with lukewarm to cold water. Beleive me, the eggs will cook in your hair.
  very true ! and lord knows i dont want cooked eggs in my hair lol
hairgirl88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgirl88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 5:34pm
This works wonders. It smells, but is amazing for shine and strength. I've been doing this every week since I was a child!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachellee92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by hairgirl88 hairgirl88 wrote:

This works wonders. It smells, but is amazing for shine and strength. I've been doing this every week since I was a child!
ima try it soon as i take my hairr outt :)
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 2:51pm
I love this as a protein treatment. I do it like once every 2 months (or whenever I happen to remember). I use about eggs, mayonnaise, olive oil, jojoba oil, and a few squirts of a cheap condish. Mix that up really well and apply it to my hair. Makes my hair looks so shiny afterwards, and it's also good for strengthening the hair.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2011 at 3:08pm
I love this treatment also !!!!
I add EVOO, and Honey.

NoMoreCrappyHai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoMoreCrappyHai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2011 at 12:34am

OMG! I did not know the eggs would cook in your hair...Wow, that's interesting.

But I know I have been wanting to try the mayo technique, I know on another post on BHM, someone said they use the Olive Oil Mayo they have out now, and she said, she really likes and how it makes her hair feel. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic