Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Shampoo & Conditioners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Egg Protein Treatment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jamara0120 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamara0120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Egg Protein Treatment
    Posted: Aug 21 2009 at 5:01pm

I've recently read using a egg as a protein treatment is a good idea. Has anyone used an egg as their protein treatment? If so, did you apply only the egg? And, did you follow it with conditioner?

TIABig%20smile

Sponsored Links

ms.mimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.mimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 5:07pm
I've used egg and egg & mayo and just mayo for protein treatments. And my hair really grew long. But now I only use it about once a month because I noticed a dry hardness to my hair. It was too much protein.
ImaFabulousDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImaFabulousDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 11:22am
I use a egg with my DC (first time last week) this weekend will be my second time so I can't speak on the dry hardness but I do believe it so I will look into that.
Allure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2009 at 12:45pm

To avoid drying out your hair add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil  (3/4 cup).  Then add a table spoon of honey to minimize the yoke smell. The EVOO will prevent your hair from drying out. But make sure you only use this treatment once every 2 mths. B/c if you do it too much it'll cause excessive dryness. 

Edited by Allure - Sep 08 2009 at 12:53pm
SoulSister87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoulSister87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2010 at 12:32am
I do egg protein treatments and I LOVE the results, I'd recommend it about twice a month for very dry/damaged hair. Also Coconut Oil is AMAZING as a Leave-in  Big smile
blackberry64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blackberry64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by SoulSister87 SoulSister87 wrote:

I do egg protein treatments and I LOVE the results, I'd recommend it about twice a month for very dry/damaged hair. Also Coconut Oil is AMAZING as a Leave-in  Big smile
yes i agree. but the thing people dont know is that when you do a protein treatment you have to put moisture back into the hair . always follow up with a MOISTURIZING  conditioner. the breakage prolem has already been solved with the protein. never follow a protein treatment with a anti breakage conditioner because one of the main ingrediants in that anti breakage conditioner is protein and you dont want your hair to be dry and stiff when it drys. seal with coconut oil for perfect flat ironing, curling and natural shine instead of that greasy hairfrying oil sheen that weighs the hair down and makes your hair strands stick together. also cocnut oil is a natural heat protectant. but always use a heat protectant for excessive heat styling.
Peachi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 3:38pm
How exactly do you do this treatment?

I know you can't use heat (even hot water) sooo how do you rinse it out? With warm or cold water? How long do you leave it in?
SimplisticLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplisticLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 1:27pm
I just started using egg in my protein treatments and it works great . I don't use it all the time .. Maybe about once a month & I always use a conditioner when I wash it out ... Works great :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SimplisticLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Dazelle Dazelle wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; mso-ansi-: EN" lang=EN>ohh my this is the best I definatly use it with conditioner as I am rising it off, just put some conditioner in your hands and rise with the coolest water possible. If you don’t use conditioner you r hair will hard as hell.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; mso-ansi-: EN" lang=EN>This is my growth from using 2 eggs every two weeks in less than a year

grow 1

grow 2

grow 4
</SPAN>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplisticLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 1:28pm
^^ that hair :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>