Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Inspirational Scriptures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Effective Prayer

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Effective Prayer
    Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 12:03pm
January 18, 2014

Effective Prayer
Dr. Charles Stanley

Read | Mark 11:24-25

John 14:14 reads, “If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.” People sometimes interpret this to mean that any request ending with the words “in Jesus’ name, amen” will automatically be fulfilled.

Yet basing our entire concept of prayer on one isolated verse could lead to a skewed perspective. It is also important to consider . . .

Our Fellowship with God. For the Lord to hear and answer prayers, we must first be saved from our sin through the blood of Jesus. Once we have trusted Christ as Savior, God will hear us only when we walk in righteousness before Him. As we saw yesterday, He understands our weakness and doesn’t expect perfection. But if we knowingly continue in sin and fail to repent, He will not listen.

Our Request. Some people think of the words “in Jesus’ name” as a magic charm, but nothing can force the Lord’s hand. This saying did originate from a good motive, though—the desire to request only what is consistent with Jesus’ character. We should pray in faith, believing that God is able and will do whatever is in His will. And we should readily submit our desires to Him.

Our Motive. The Lord won’t say yes to prayer that will hurt us or derail His purpose. When we bring supplications before Him, we must check our motive. Is our goal to glorify God and let others see Him in us? Or is our motive selfish, greedy, or impure?

Our heavenly Father tells us to pray. And He will answer when our hearts
are clean.

Edited by nella - Jan 20 2014 at 12:05pm
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 8:59pm
I agree .
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:47pm
Philippians 4:

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:49pm
But how should one pray? I read and heard that it should be a conversation with good, "filled with thanksgiving". I assume we should first thank Him for our blessings, than forgive anyone who did us bad (I think in Matthew it does say that whatever you ask for, you'll receive but first forgive your enemies) and then ask for what we want? Is that the correct order?

How should one pray?
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 7:43am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

But how should one pray? I read and heard that it should be a conversation with good, "filled with thanksgiving". I assume we should first thank Him for our blessings, than forgive anyone who did us bad (I think in Matthew it does say that whatever you ask for, you'll receive but first forgive your enemies) and then ask for what we want? Is that the correct order?

How should one pray?

Prayer is what you mentioned above, it is a conversation with God. There really isn't a standard format for prayer. You are talking to God. When you pray you can pray God's word in your life. I know you mentioned in a previous post that you don't believe all of the bible so I'm not sure what parts you don't believe but the parts you do believe, you should pray over your life.

I use to think that prayer had to be eloquent and lengthy but in that thinking I became intimated by praying and wouldn't do it very often. Once I grasp the knowledge that prayer is talking to God, then I was able to express myself more freely without feeling like I had to use a lot of big words and sound "spiritual".  Hope this answered your question.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 4:13pm
Yes, I also thought that prayer had to be lengthy, but I learned that when talking to God you should be grateful, praise Him and also mean every word. That was a relief, because I also did not know how to pray since I didn't know what else to say after 5-10 minutes passedLOL

The parts I don't believe are the magical parts and the parts about God being vengeful. God is love, so he doesn't avenge anyone. He wants everyone to be in peace and friendly to each other.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply