Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEffect of Hydrogen Peroxide on Hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
candies View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Effect of Hydrogen Peroxide on Hair
    Posted: Nov 23 2006 at 10:03pm
My new hair goal is a healthy scalp.  I'm convinced that my scalp is continuously being damaged by the use of relaxers especially relaxer burns.
I got this recipe that "cures scalp infections".  But I was wondering if Hydrogen Peroxide bleaches hairConfused  I wondered before about dabbing some on my scalp to alleviate the itching but that has always been a concern for me.

So, does anyone knows if Hydrogen Peroxide bleaches hair? TIASmile

Cure Scalp Infection      

The Best Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Infections

This information on treating Scalp Infections was sent to us by Ted, of Bangkok, Thailand.

"Apple Cider Vinegar and Hydrogen Peroxide are used as a shampoo to cure scalp infections. You can also mix chamomile, tea tree and lavender oils together and apply to the scalp as a shampoo. Do not take these remedies internally!

I have treated successful over 100 people with persistent scalp infections by preparing a shampoo made of just tea tree and lavender oil alone and have been successful.

Recipe using Apple Cider Vinegar and Hydrogen Peroxide: Dilute them by 1:10: 1 part ACV, 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide with 10 parts water. Use like a shampoo and rinse after the shampoo is "finished" to make the cure for scalp infections even more potent.

More details:

Leave the mixed solution on scalp for about one minute before rinsing away in water. Repeat this again if the infection is severe enough. Avoid getting the solution in the eyes as it may cause stinging. You do not need large amounts of the concoction, only small amounts... just enough to get it to the scalp.

The most effective solution for those who also have a severe form of scalp infection (and loss of hair) is the use of pure tea tree oil plus lavender. The mixture is 4 parts tea tree oil to 1 part lavender oil. Some people may feel a painful sting, so you may dilute this further with olive oil. Leave it on for the whole night. I have tried it on my mother (a pure solution, but I dilute it with aloe vera oil) and it cured her of hair loss - and she is about 74 years old. My sister and a friend also have severely itchy scalps. Using the same essential oils noted above worked very well. Warning: the quality source of lavender and tea tree may vary and may not work with the same degree."

Sponsored Links

Entice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2006 at 10:44pm
yes candies it does!!!  when I was younger (12) I wanted some streaks so bad I used hydrogen peroxide and got golden streaks all over my hair. My mama kicked my ass
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2006 at 10:48pm
IMO, Hydrogen Peroxide used for first aid is 3%, it  should not affect your hair, when diluted with 1 part HP, 1 part vinegar and 10 parts water.  However, using HP without diluting will lighten the hair.  The fact that the hydrogen peroxide will be mixed with other items, it will further weaken it, not to create a lightening effect. 

Edited after re-reading the OP question.

Edited by Claudie - Nov 24 2006 at 12:25am
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2006 at 11:10pm
I love peroxide! That's how I got my highlights!
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2006 at 11:47pm

Candies, you will be mixing this with 1 part cider vinegar, 1 part HP and 10 parts water, and leaving this on your scalp for one minute.  This solution will weaken the HP for sure.  IMO, this concoction will not lighten your hair, it is not like you are using HP undiluted. 

Edited by Claudie - Nov 23 2006 at 11:49pm
candies View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2006 at 8:05am
Thanks Claudie!  I'm going to try this concoction on Monday and let you all know how it worksThumbs%20Up

@ wifey I want highlights but as Mimi said my mother will go crazyWacko lolLOL and I'm 21!

Edited by candies - Nov 24 2006 at 8:06am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply